Magic helps developers make product adoption frictionless, secure, and non-custodial while giving end-users more control of their online identity. We’re experiencing high growth as more companies adopt Web3 technologies.
To date, Magic has enabled over 100,000 developers and enterprises to onboard over 10 million users to their apps — and we continue to grow rapidly. We are trusted by major brands such as Mattel, Macy’s, ImmutableX, Niftys, & OpenSea. We are backed by top investors such as Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
If you are excited to help onboard the next billion users to a useful, accessible, and safe Web3, let’s chat!
Magic is looking for a Communications Manager to join our fast-growing marketing team. In this role, you will work closely with Product Marketing to lead the development and execution of product communications and company announcements; devise strategic PR plans; and work with business partners and cross-functional teams within Magic. You are a compelling storyteller, strong writer and have a penchant for scrolling through Twitter (where crypto “lives'').
The ideal candidate is a skilled communications expert who has a successful track record of executing a wide range of product launches, partner announcements, and developer communications leveraging diverse channels with a focus on social media.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute communications strategies that support Magic’s business objectives, including in enterprise growth
- Partner with Magic’s marketing teams to build integrated marketing/communications plans for key initiatives, with an emphasis on social media
- Project manage announcements with partners and customers (working closely with their marketing and comms teams)
- Identify proactive opportunities for Magic to participate in conversations relevant to its mission and goals, especially on Twitter and other social media channels
- Manage agency relationships and work closely with our PR agency on media strategy
- Collaborate with content and product marketing team members to turn complex/technical information into engaging, easy-to-understand narratives
- Maintain and build relationships with press, partners and influencers to drive positive awareness and coverage
- Manage requests for panels, podcasts, and work with the Magic leadership team to prepare for media interviews and speaking engagements
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant communications experience (either in-house or agency) working in tech - experience in crypto and/or developer-related fields a big plus
- Experience building relationships with media contacts and demonstrated success with media relations in top-tier tech, business and developer press
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing and executing in a fast-paced environment with keen attention to detail
- Adept at understanding complicated product and engineering concepts and communicating them back to external stakeholders and media, in simple, jargon-free language
- Ability to draft focused messaging and content for press-related materials like press releases, executive briefing documents, press kits, and blog posts
- Seeks opportunities to add value and contribute to the team’s broader success
- Excellent at project management that requires collaborating with many contributors
- Passionate, hard-working, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Big Bonus: passion for crypto / web3
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- 99% coverage of platinum-level Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- 401(k) program
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Family planning and reproductive health benefit with $5,000 lifetime reimbursement through Maven
- Annual team meetups
- Discretionary performance bonus
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the position. However, please note that we are not currently able to provide visa sponsorship for employment. Applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. Therefore, we strongly encourage anyone historically underrepresented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age, or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.