Magic helps developers make product adoption frictionless, secure, and non-custodial while giving end-users more control of their online identity. We’re experiencing high growth as more companies adopt Web3 technologies.
To date, Magic has enabled over 100,000 developers and enterprises to onboard over 10 million users to their apps — and we continue to grow rapidly. We are trusted by major brands such as Mattel, Macy’s, ImmutableX, Niftys, & OpenSea. We are backed by top investors such as Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
If you are excited to help onboard the next billion users to a useful, accessible, and safe Web3, let’s chat!
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Counsel to own the legal function at Magic. This is an exceptional opportunity to provide leadership and partnership to a company on the frontiers of its next big growth leap. Experience working in house in a commercially focused legal role in a high growth SaaS business is required. This role will report to the COO.
- Draft, review, redline and negotiate SaaS subscription licensing agreements , EULA, and ToS agreements. Draft subscription and licensing agreements.
- Possess an understanding of data protection and privacy regimes and other regulations impacting the business, and the ability to translate that understanding into SaaS and commercial contract negotiations.
- Help build and improve contract templates and negotiation playbooks and provide internal training to sales and other go-to-market team members to create a frictionless customer contracting experience.Draft SaaS, EULAs, and ToS agreements.
- Become an expert in Magic's product platform, security, operations and offerings to offer practical and strategic counseling related to sales contracts. Develop strong relationships with the Sales team and operate as a business partner to close deals.Resolve data privacy issues related to SaaS agreements.
- Develop and drive comprehensive, long-term legal strategies that balance risk and business objectives, creating efficiencies in the customer acquisition and onboarding processes.
- Collaborate with team members to identify opportunities to centralize knowledge and create scalable processes to expedite communication, alignment, and execution.
- Negotiate deals with third-party vendors related to uptime, responsiveness, support, customized software builds, data infrastructure, intellectual property, security, and more.
- Ensure operational and legal compliance.
- 3-5 years (mid-level to senior associate) of Big Law (top 100 firms) IP technical transactions experience (IP litigation does not count towards this)
- Enterprise SaaS commercial and sales contract expertise
- Deep experience and understanding of SDK / API tech
- Firm targets: Wilson Sonsini, Fenwick & West, Gunderson & Cooley
- Top tier law schools: Harvard, Yale, and Stanford
- Web3 experience
- Crypto experience
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- 99% coverage of platinum-level Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- 401(k) program
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Family planning and reproductive health benefit with $5,000 lifetime reimbursement through Maven
- Annual team meetups
- Discretionary performance bonus
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the position. However, please note that we are not currently able to provide visa sponsorship for employment. Applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. Therefore, we strongly encourage anyone historically underrepresented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age, or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.