Magellan AI empowers publishers, agencies and brands to succeed in the rapidly changing world of podcast advertising. Using machine learning, Magellan analyzes ads on over 23,000 podcasts. We help connect leading brands such as SimpliSafe and Babbel with leading publishers such as The New York Times and ESPN by providing visibility into the market.
We’re looking for a sales intern to join our team, supporting our sales team in sourcing and qualifying leads. This is a part-time (paid) role, with about 20-30 hours per week expected, perfect for a candidate that has already interned with a sales organization and is looking for their first foothold in the workforce.
What you’ll do:
- Qualify publishers, agencies, and brands that could benefit from Magellan AI using social media, web research, and prospecting tools.
- Stay plugged into industry news to identify opportunities for our sales team.
- Identify and prospect decision-makers at potential customers.
- Consistently overachieve quotas like number of calls booked.
What you can expect from us:
- You’ll work directly with our Head of Sales and Business Development on a day-to-day basis, and you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to any other part of the business you're interested in.
- You'll support a growing ecosystem of content creators and marketers trying to make sense of a rapidly-growing market with few well-established metrics.
- It's totally appropriate to listen to podcasts while you work.
- Flexibility. You can be located anywhere; you’ll just need access to the internet.
- This is a paid internship! You’ll earn $15 per hour.
- Currently pursuing a 4 year undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree.
- You like to automate manual work without code whenever possible.
- A keen “hunter” mentality. You understand that with more activity comes more success and you thrive on that success.
- Experience with prospecting and filling the top of the sales funnel.
- Previous sales internship (or experience) preferred but not required.
- You're familiar with Google Sheets, Excel, LinkedIn, Outreach.io, and other prospecting tools.
Magellan AI is an equal opportunity employer; in keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital domestic partner status, physical ability, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our company culture. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Magellan AI.