Magellan empowers the largest advertisers, agencies and networks to succeed in the rapidly changing world of podcast advertising. Using both audio analysis and natural language processing, Magellan analyzes advertising on over 15,000+ podcasts. We help connect leading brands such as FreshBooks and Babbel with leading publishers such as The New York Times and ESPN by providing visibility into the market.
We’re looking for our first Growth Marketing Lead to own our customer's journey from start to finish.
What you’ll do:
- Concept new lead generation ideas, including an estimate of cost/benefit
- Iteratively test ideas so that we learn as we go..
- Scale lead generation by outsourcing repetitive tasks to freelancers.
- Define Magellan's POV on themes in the market. Establish a content pipeline (including an editorial calendar) necessary to support our POV. Feed talking points to sales, customer success, and other client-facing team members.
- Track and report metrics for paid media, earned media and owned media.
- Establish budget for both paid marketing and outsourced tasks.
What makes this opportunity unique:
- Work directly with Magellan's CEO and get exposure to the investors backing our vision.
- Adopt and improve on existing practices that are working well, break old habits that no longer serve our customer's best interests, and build process from the ground up.
- You'll support a growing ecosystem of content creators and marketers trying to make sense of a rapidly-growing market with few well-established metrics.
- You've worked in a growth or marketing role targeting B2B customers.
- You're metrics-driven, and transparent about what's worked and what hasn't in past roles.
- You understand how to use tools like Google Analytics to track leads, and you're comfortable getting into the weeds with Excel and Google Sheets.
- You've created and executed on content marketing strategies in the past. You're familiar with paid marketing.
Magellan is an equal opportunity employer; in keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital domestic partner status, physical ability, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our company culture. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Magellan.