Magellan empowers publishers, agencies and brands to succeed in the rapidly changing world of podcast advertising. Using machine learning, Magellan analyzes ads read by hosts of over 11,000 podcasts. We help connect leading brands such as SimpliSafe and Babbel with leading publishers such as The New York Times and ESPN by providing visibility into the market.
We're looking to hire a salesperson to join our team of six and spearhead Magellan's sales to agencies. Today, thousands of agencies buy audio advertising - and as podcasting grows, those agencies are starting to shift focus to podcasts.
What you’ll do:
• Pre-qualify prospects from a lead list of 3,000+ agencies buying audio ads.
Identify decision-makers and build your own list of contacts.
• Draft and manage email campaigns that speak to the pain points of your prospects.
• Lead 5+ demos per week with media buyers and decision-makers at agencies.
• Close 3+ deals per month.
• Bring feedback from prospects back to our product/engineering team.
What makes this opportunity unique:
• Be the first to sell into one of our new but fast-growing segments of clients.
• Work directly with Magellan's CEO and get exposure to the investors backing our vision.
• Have an influential role in establishing a fun, fast-paced, collaborative sales culture as Magellan's second salesperson.
• You have 3+ years experience in SaaS sales.
• You’re comfortable getting into the weeds with Excel and Google Sheets. While your job is all about sales, we're a data company - so a high-comfort level with data is key.
• You're equally comfortable with researching your own prospects and working with a sales development team.
• Nice to have: experience selling to marketers or media buyers.