Maga Design is seeking a Sr. UX Researcher (with an Active Secret Clearance) to join our dynamic team in Washington, D.C.!
We are searching for a talented Senior UX Researcher to define our UX research practice working directly with our clients in government agencies. This person can sit in our Washington, DC or Camp Hill, PA offices. This is a unique opportunity to lead the early stages of research, partnering with our clients to define our approach and mentor other UX designers.. The ideal candidate is an energetic, self-starter with a passion for the power of creativity, design and serving users needs who will fit in among passionate, committed, intelligent, savvy, and fun professionals.
Maga Design Inc. is a design communications consultancy, headquartered in Washington, DC with additional locations in Charleston, SC; and Camp Hill, PA. We are strategists, designers, and communication experts committed to building powerful visual tools that inform and inspire stakeholders to work toward the success of their organization. Maga Design is a 2016 Davey Award winner and a seven-time recipient of Inc. Magazine's 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies, the most recently in 2017!. Visit www.magadesign.com for more information.
Dazzle us! Send us your resume, cover letter and any portfolio materials or work samples.
This individual will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conducts stakeholder interviews, user context and requirements analysis, user task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture, interaction design, and usability testing
- Leads participatory and iterative design activities, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of user needs discovery
- Produces user stories, specifications & experience goals, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Conducts both Qualitative and Quantitative studies involving user interaction data with systems, task efficiency, and user adoption and practices.
- Effectively communicates research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale and goals both verbally and visually
- Plans and facilitates collaborative critiques and analysis & synthesis working sessions
- Works closely with UX designers and UI development teams to ensure that customer goals are met and design specifications are delivered upon
- Develops proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy-to-navigate user interfaces (UIs) that consists of web pages with graphics, icons, and color schemes that are visually appealing
- Performs quick but thorough data analysis in order to create short-term actionable insights and recommendations during early phases of design research and/or a usability study.
- Analyzes and synthesizes the results of usability testing in order to provide recommendations for change to a system
- May create such artifacts as Usability Testing Plan, Testing Scripts, and Usability Testing Report
- Uses standard prototyping tools effectively to articulate new interaction models, user flows, and journeys.
- Builds collaborative relationships with product and engineering to drive product improvements.
- Monitors research, data and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology.
- Understands and promotes Design Thinking and the user-centered design process and methodology in the organization.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2+ year’s experience with User Interface Design, Responsive Design and Usability
- Exposure to and ability to design for ADA Section 508 Compliance
- Ability to connect user research to design implementation and user outcomes
- Competency with design tools such as Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Abilities in sketching, mocking up and user testing (A/B testing)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and be able to communicate effectively with various teams
- Demonstrate ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address an issue and make a prompt and insightful decision
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution
- Possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development Team
- Experience delivering all components of a user interface, including desktop and mobile user interfaces
- Experience designing and delivering in a DOD environment
- Demonstrable ability to incorporate user-centered design principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Skilled in user and task analysis, user research techniques, storyboarding, information architecture and wireframing
- Demonstrate written and oral communications skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively
- Effective at estimating and communicating projects and one’s own work timelines
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines