We are seeking an experienced Staff Engineer to join our Device Graph team. Our focus on developing the device graph technology stems from its ability to facilitate cross-screen attribution and precision targeting, which ultimately benefits our customers. We are committed to pushing the boundaries of this technology, aiming to continuously innovate and assist our customers in solving increasingly complex challenges.
The future of the device graph holds great potential for our customers, as it will empower them to address highly detailed questions, enabling more precise and efficient campaign planning and execution. To achieve this, we anticipate a significant overhaul and restructuring of our platform, as well as the exploration of cutting-edge technologies that can drive substantial advancements.
In this role, you will be a pivotal figure in shaping our technical strategy and execution. Collaboration with our product team and other technology leaders will be central to your responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Driving design and architecture discussions and building alignment on complex technical decisions
- Designing, coding, testing, and releasing high-quality software for feature specs and architectural improvements. Running and measuring live experiments to vet hypotheses.
- Supporting on-call assignments and operational management of the software fleet
- Performing design and code reviews,
- Mentoring junior engineers, supporting hiring and evaluation of candidates.
- Writing technical documents to influence decisions at the executive level.
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience working with big data systems that can process and transform data at petabytes scale.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Familiar with messaging systems, batch processing, serverless, and streaming technologies.
- You are an engineer for whom the dataset size doesn’t matter. Your team’s services can return results with the same accuracy and latency, whether from a 1 GB or 10 PB dataset.
- Handling database design and considerations for data at scale for transaction management, reporting, and analytics
- Familiarity with graph database technologies is a plus
- Designing and implementing critical parts of complex systems and evolved into a strong crafts person in utilizing best-of-breed algorithms, design patterns, and system design skills
- Handling operational aspects of large-scale systems focusing on observability, tech debt management, code refactoring, and robust software development and release processes.
- Cloud-based software development and familiarity with open-source technology options
- Articulating technically complex topics in an easy-to-understand way via written and verbal communication methods
- Our stack runs entirely on GCP. Our engineers are language agnostic, but core technologies for our backend include Golang, gRPC, BigQuery, Postgres, Airflow, Bigtable, Docker, Spanner, Firebase, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
The approximate compensation range for this role is $230,000-$285,000. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by several factors, including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Madhive has been made aware of fraudulent emails that may appear to be from Madhive or a legitimate recruiter acting on our behalf. Please be aware that Madhive would never ask for sensitive or personal information via e-mail. All official Madhive communications will come from an address ending in @madhive.com OR email@example.com.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are concerned about the legitimacy of an outreach by our company.
Please be advised that we will NOT be using third party recruiting agencies for this search.
Madhive is a dynamic, diverse, innovative, and friendly place to work. We embrace our differences and believe they fuel our creativity. We come from varied backgrounds and think that’s important. But whether it’s taking ideas from previous lives and applying them in different ways or creating something completely new, we are all trail-blazing team players who think big and want to make an impact.
Here are just some of the many benefits of becoming a Madhive employee:
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance: Your health is number 1, so we offer 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance starting on day 1 for yourself and any dependents.
Family Forming Benefits: Madhive offers inclusive fertility and family-forming benefits that cover all paths to parenthood — whether it is adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, or anything related through a partnership with Carrot Fertility. The benefit includes free access to Carrot membership services and employer-sponsored funds of up to $10,000 to help pay for your care.
401(K) Matching: Madhive's generous 401(K) plan offers a contribution equal to 100% of eligible employee contributions up to 5% annually. There is no vesting period, and all full-time employees can participate immediately upon their hire date.
Unlimited Vacation: We offer Unlimited PTO plus additional paid company holidays.
Parental Leave: We believe that family comes first, so we provide parental leave to all new parents.
Food All Day: Fully stocked refrigerator and lunch are provided every day that you're in the office!