As the founding UX Researcher, you will play a key role in shaping the future of user research at MadHive. You will take ownership, work collaboratively to determine research objectives, plan and execute studies, analyze data, and communicate insights.
You'll be on the Product Design team, which is part of the larger Product team and under the direction of the Chief Product Officer. You'll report to the Product Design Manager and partner closely with Product Managers and Product Designers to identify key research objectives and address research needs throughout the product development lifecycle.
Needs and Challenges
As we scale our Product Design team, we need a dedicated person to formalize research processes, dive deep into the problem space, and communicate meaningful insights to stakeholders. You will have ownership of the user research process and partner cross-functionally to determine research objectives, and you will set the tone for research-driven product development and design. Ultimately, if you're up for the challenge, this opportunity will allow you to make a significant impact.
- Incorporate research throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- Identify areas that need exploration, plan essential research objectives, and execute research activities
- Analyze and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data and communicate research findings and recommendations
- Evangelize research best practices across the company and educate colleagues and stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, can balance simultaneous research projects, and prioritize based on business needs
- Unbiased and approach research with curiosity, empathy, and openness to unexpected insights
- Preferably 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with various research methods, understand the strength and weaknesses, and know when to apply them
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates the ability to set specific goals that result in significant improvements or insight
- Live in the New York metropolitan area; our headquarters are in NYC
- Have experience working in AdTech