WE FORGE FOUNDERS AND ACCELERATE CAREERS
Why join Mach49? Our ventures have over 90% success rates because of our people. Our teammates consistently outperform their own personal best because they’re driven by our mission, and because we form a supportive network of super smart, friendly, execution focused pros. Through the work we accomplish our people become even more professionally chiseled, world-class experts in their respective fields. We’re also having a lot of fun as we help change the world for good. Still with us? Keep reading!
WHO ARE WE?
At Mach49 we work with Global 1000 companies to build and launch new disruptive businesses. To do this, we work side-by-side with intrapreneurial teams to take an idea (market or product concept) through customer validation, solution ideation, and prototype testing to building a fully formed business that the teams can launch. We work with the teams to instill lean startup, design-thinking, and agile development mindsets as they build out their businesses. Our process is highly customer-centric, relying on customer research as a linchpin of our overall methodology.
As a Research Analyst within Mach49’s Ideate practice, you will directly support our internal Ideate Leadership teams and Mach49 clients, and work across practices at times to gather, interpret, and apply information from complex business ecosystems. Your research will help venture teams all over the world to create, build and launch new ventures. You will use your skills to conduct and analyze market research, develop a perspective on venture opportunities, and demonstrate thought leadership. Your research will require flexibility and agility, as the research topics vary from regenerative medicine, to Industry 4.0, to autonomous transportation.
- Conduct research on business ecosystems and technical topics by gathering information from multiple sources
- Structure and synthesize information and conduct critical analysis
- Share and present research and analysis to teammates, leadership, and clients
- Track current events and major trends as they relate to specific business ecosystems, emerging technologies, or other areas of interest
- Support creation of presentations and client deliverables
- Build and maintain Mach49’s internal knowledge infrastructure
- 3 or more years of experience as an analyst (market research, venture capital, or equivalent) required
- 2 or more years of customer development research experience preferred
- Demonstrated commercial research experience on emerging technologies preferred
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and visual communication, as well as effective interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of startup ecosystem preferred
- Strong networking skills
- Impeccable research, quantitative and analytical skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, MS Office, adaptable to new technologies
- Ability to organize and track overlapping tasks and assignments, with ongoing priority changes
This is a full time, remote opportunity with competitive rewards.
We require background and reference checks, that new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that all associates, clients, and guests who choose to attend in-person Mach49 events provide proof of vaccination and follow local requirements and mask mandates. Working together, we can protect our global community.
Mach49 is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re building a diverse, inclusive, empathetic community where every one of us belongs. A place — not just a workplace — that reflects the people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, backgrounds, and perspectives who share our world.
Physical requirements include ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms, to listen and hear and/or read on and through electronic devices for extended periods of time.
Authorization to work in the US required.