Mach49 is the Growth Incubator for Global Businesses.
We are 100% focused on execution helping companies Disrupting InsideOut™ and Disrupting OutsideIn™ to drive meaningful, sustainable growth for their companies, their people, their communities and the world. Together with our clients we….
- Launch Ventures leveraging the client’s talent, customers, assets, core competencies to ideate, incubate, accelerate and scale disruptive new ventures
- Build Incubators that develop client team capability (not dependency) and enable our customers to drive growth for years to come (without us)
- Do Corporate Venture Investing and Partnering with the discipline embraced by top-tier Venture Capitalists
- Bring the Silicon Valley Inside building an internal ecosystem equipped to seize the Mothership advantage and beat the startups at their own game.
If you are a passionate, curious, motivated customer experience designer/researcher, we want to talk to you. Mach49 seeks a Customer Experience (CX) Designer/Researcher to lead teams through the customer centered research process throughout the venture journey.
As a CX Designer/Researcher you will help client teams conceive, test, and build new disruptive products by combining work from multiple disciplines: User Research, Design, Usability, and Design Thinking.
The process begins with Customer Development Research, moves through the brainstorming process, and continues with rapid product iteration. Each 12-week incubation is focused on helping project teams define a product concept, vision, and roadmap that global enterprises can build a business around. The CX Designer/Researcher helps keep the customer in the center throughout the incubation process.
Mach49 is a unique company; as business co-founders with our clients, we are neither like a consulting firm, nor like working at an in-house company. To be successful, we have found the following characteristics to be beneficial:
- Interest in a wide variety of global business topics, with a curious mind and the ability to make connections between diverse fields and industries
- Comfort within a fast-paced, collaborative environment with client teams who may be initially uncomfortable with ambiguity
- Desire and patience to mentor others
- Ability to pivot, when necessary, and skilled at knowing when to lead versus when to collaborate
- Willing to be flexible and work when the work is needed, sometimes at odd hours (there are lots of peaks and valleys during an incubation)
- Adept at delivering high-quality design artifacts (storyboards, wireframes, and clickable prototypes) under time constraints
- Clear and persuasive written and oral communication style
- Supportive of colleagues when they need a hand to keep projects running smoothly
- Politically savvy when working with clients with an ability to work effectively with all levels of organizations
- 1+ years of relevant work experience (those with significantly more experience will be considered for a senior level design or research position)
- Degree in human/computer interaction, behavioral economics, cognitive psychology, design, marketing, media studies, or related field
- Experience with prototyping tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc.) to design storyboards, wireframes, and low/high-fidelity prototypes
- Experience designing compelling presentations and pitch decks that tell stories, communicating boldly and clearly
- Experience with a variety of qualitative user research methods including conducting interviews (remote and in-person), participatory design, storyboards, and concept testing
- Demonstrated experience applying CX research methods for conceiving, validating and designing a product or service
- Comfortable working remotely, coming into the ‘Location’ office, and traveling when necessary
- Previous experience within a start-up company or venture building is a plus
We require background and reference checks, that new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that all associates, clients, and guests who choose to attend in-person Mach49 events provide proof of vaccination and follow local requirements and mask mandates, where allowable. Working together, we can protect our global community.
Mach49 is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re building a diverse, inclusive, empathetic community where every one of us belongs. A place — not just a workplace — that reflects the people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, backgrounds, and perspectives who share our world.
Physical requirements include ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms, to listen and hear and/or read on and through electronic devices for extended periods of time.
Authorization to work in the UK or NL required.