Mach49 is the Growth Incubator for Global Businesses.
We are 100% focused on execution helping companies Disrupting InsideOut™ and Disrupting OutsideIn™ to drive meaningful, sustainable growth for their companies, their people, their communities and the world. Together with our clients we….
- Launch Ventures leveraging the client’s talent, customers, assets, core competencies to ideate, incubate, accelerate and scale disruptive new ventures
- Build Incubators that develop client team capability (not dependency) and enable our customers to drive growth for years to come (without us)
- Do Corporate Venture Investing and Partnering with the discipline embraced by top-tier Venture Capitalists
- Bring the Silicon Valley Inside building an internal ecosystem equipped to seize the Mothership advantage and beat the startups at their own game.
If you are a creative venture leader with a track record of success in working for both start-ups and enterprises, we want to talk to you.
Our venture building approach see us collaborate in the design and selection of our client’s intrapreneurial teams, then work side-by-side with them through an Incubate process. This is where we explore zones of customer pain or opportunity, test multiple value propositions to address those pains and opportunities and work with the team on the development of an operating and execution plan to fund and bring a new venture, along with its first products and services, into the world.
In many instances, we continue the business building process in the Accelerate phase by working with the core team to move the venture through the initial stages of company development: Build to Validate, where we validate the market and business in the field with users, develop a “Wizard of Oz” Pilot and engage the first pilot customers. This role will bridge both of those phases, so we are seeking people with the capabilities to:
- Work as a general management leader and product management expert with intrapreneurial teams responsible for creating disruptive new businesses
- Be accountable for client team success and maintaining a positive working environment. Identify and troubleshoot (or escalate) situations that might derail teams
- Establish close advisor relationship with the client team’s leader, helping guide the leader and the team through the Mach49 venture building process
- Orchestrate Mach49 resources to develop and coach teams by working side-by-side with them to establish team norms, teach Mach49 methodology, synthesise learnings and/or help advance the team towards their goals
- Develop value propositions, product visions, MVPs, and roadmaps at both a strategic and detailed level, then facilitate and co-create product piloting and rollout strategies, and go to market plans
- Create/support the creation of robust executional plans focusing on experiments and risk mitigation plans that remove the greatest amount of risk on the least amount of capital
- Guide and refine competitive landscape mapping and build/buy/partner assessments
- Undertake market sizing and valuation
- Co-create pricing and revenue hypotheses and financial models with client team and participate in decisions about appropriate business models for the venture
- Create or support the creation of compelling presentations designed to gain investment that have storytelling at their core
- 15+ years of work experience including at founder or C-Level in startups, including involvement in fundraising
- A demonstrated track record of software and/or digital product management leadership, and of product discovery, validation and piloting
- 10+ years of experience managing and/or leading teams with a demonstrated track record of facilitating teams to apply lean startup thinking, design-thinking and agile development methodologies, including strong experience of customer research
- Exceptional people and leadership skills and the demonstrated ability to gain confidence, build rapport, and drive the right discussions and decisions with team members, “mothership” leadership and other stakeholders
- Proven ability to teach, coach and mentor others (demonstrating the means and patience to do so), so that teams can ultimately function on their own
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Willingness to be flexible and work when the work is needed, sometimes at odd hours
- Willingness to wear different hats and learn/deploy new skills as an entrepreneurial environment requires and to do to do whatever it takes to make projects and teams successful – there is no job too big or too small
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide documentary evidence of their right to work in the UK
We require background and reference checks, that new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that all associates, clients, and guests who choose to attend in-person Mach49 events provide proof of vaccination and follow local requirements and mask mandates, where allowable. Working together, we can protect our global community.
Mach49 is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re building a diverse, inclusive, empathetic community where every one of us belongs. A place — not just a workplace — that reflects the people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, backgrounds, and perspectives who share our world.
Physical requirements include ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms, to listen and hear and/or read on and through electronic devices for extended periods of time.
Authorization to work in the UK required.