Mach49 is the Growth Incubator for Global Businesses.
We are 100% focused on execution helping companies Disrupting InsideOut™ and Disrupting OutsideIn™ to drive meaningful, sustainable growth for their companies, their people, their communities and the world. Together with our clients we….
- Launch Ventures leveraging the client’s talent, customers, assets, core competencies to ideate, incubate, accelerate and scale disruptive new ventures
- Build Incubators that develop client team capability (not dependency) and enable our customers to drive growth for years to come (without us)
- Do Corporate Venture Investing and Partnering with the discipline embraced by top-tier Venture Capitalists
- Bring the Silicon Valley Inside building an internal ecosystem equipped to seize the Mothership advantage and beat the startups at their own game.
Prior to our Accelerate work, we collaborate in the design and selection of our client’s intrapreneurial teams, then work side-by-side with them through an Incubate process, where we take an idea (market, product or business model concept that has a 10x potential to improve a customer experience or create a meaningful new customer experience) through customer validation, solution ideation, and prototype testing. We then facilitate the development of a plan to fund and bring the concept into the real world. We have had extraordinary success with some of the largest global companies in seeding new businesses that have created meaningful organic growth for our clients.
In many instances, we continue the business building process process in the Accelerate phase by working with the core team to move the incubated concept through the initial stages of company development: Build to Validate, where we validate the market and business opportunity, develop a “Wizard of Oz” Pilot and engage the first Pilot customers; Build to Integrate, where our validation work and customer relationships converge to develop a Minimum Viable Product and achieve Product-Market-Fit and deliver the venture’s first revenue; and Build to Scale, where we establish effective and repeatable channels of customer acquisition and growth and develop the cross-functional operational capabilities required to achieve meaningful, profitable and recurring revenue streams. As part of our process, we leverage and teach lean startup, customer development, design-thinking, and agile development methodologies and best practices for enabling startup teams to flourish within the context (or within close orbit) of a large, complex corporate enterprise.
We are looking for Accelerate ExIRs to lead these potentially game-changing startup projects through the various stages of Accelerate and help us evolve the methodologies we use to build long-term sustainable and profitable companies with our clients.
If you are a past founder, CEO, operations or product leader who is deeply passionate about startups and company building and are ready to apply your experience to help create companies that can redefine entire markets and categories, we want to talk to you.
- Guide the Work. Develop the operating plan and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for each phase of the Accelerate, building on the learnings of the prior phase, based on the shared vision of the opportunity.
- Set and Deliver on Goals. Lead and align teams to plan, prioritize and execute across the “swimlanes” to achieve the committed outcomes at each phase.
- Do the Work. As one of the early “founders” of the team, do the hands-on execution across swimlanes to develop the culture of the startup team, set the pace and drive quality work and output.
- Bring your Team Along. For many of our client team members, this is their first startup experience. Part of your responsibility is to teach, coach and enable so that teams can ultimately function on their own.
- Represent the Startup to the “Mothership”. As a “founder” and interim CEO of the startup, you will regularly interact with members of the client’s innovation team and the new venture board (NVB), made up of a Mach49 Board-Member-In-Residence (BMIR) and the executive sponsors of the project. Driving open communications and alignment with the NVB and other “mothership” stakeholders is a key part of your responsibility. As you would with your own early investors or board, you will regularly update the BMIR and the NVB on progress against the OKRs and highlight key learnings and material risks to the venture, how those learnings are being leveraged and how those risks are being tested and may be mitigated.
- Evolving the Accelerate Methodology. We are constantly updating our frameworks and methodologies to account for our own learning, new technologies or tools, and emerging practices in company building. Part of your responsibility is to participate in that work— to evolve our thinking and practice of accelerating concepts into world-class businesses.
- 10+years of startup leadership or related experience.
- Understanding of, and familiarity with, venture-backed company and ecosystem dynamics; experience raising capital a plus; startup company board experience a plus.
- Ability to work within small, unstructured teams with limited resources and demonstrated ability to deliver team outcomes.
- Familiarity with, and ability to fluidly adapt and apply lean startup, design-thinking and agile development methodologies.
- Exceptional leadership skills and the demonstrated ability to gain confidence, build rapport, and drive the right discussions and decisions with team members, “mothership” leadership and other stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of the connection between business operations and the business financials, and the ability to shape strategies to support financial goals.
- Organizational courage to kill or advance ideas in the context of passions and opinions (in addition to data).
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to make projects and teams successful – there is no job too big or too small
- Humility to know when to listen and when to talk, when to push, when to lift up, and when to step back—and a natural, innate need to advance the lives of others.
We require background and reference checks, that new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that all associates, clients, and guests who choose to attend in-person Mach49 events provide proof of vaccination and follow local requirements and mask mandates, where allowable. Working together, we can protect our global community.
Mach49 is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re building a diverse, inclusive, empathetic community where every one of us belongs. A place — not just a workplace — that reflects the people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, backgrounds, and perspectives who share our world.
Physical requirements include ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms, to listen and hear and/or read on and through electronic devices for extended periods of time.
Authorization to work in the UK or NL required.