In 2022, Arizona will be a premier battleground state with highly competitive races to elect Democrats at every level of the ticket. Mission for Arizona, the Arizona Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign, is launching early because the work to re-elect Senator Mark Kelly and win up and down the ballot in 2022 starts now. By starting early, we have an unprecedented opportunity to engage a diverse coalition across Arizona who will play a decisive role in the 2022 election. Mission for Arizona will serve as Democrats’ central hub for organizing, voter protection, and political infrastructure for the cycle. Organizers will play an integral role in re-electing Senator Mark Kelly and Democrats at every level of the ballot including U.S. House & Legislative districts across the state.
- Recruit and train volunteers for in-person and virtual direct voter contact, including: door-to-door canvassing, high traffic canvassing, phonebanking, relational organizing, and text banking.
- Coordinate events (virtually and in-person) to educate voters and engage volunteers at scale.
- Build relationships and engage with community organizations and local stakeholders on behalf of the Arizona Democratic Party / Mission for Arizona in your assigned area.
- Develop and train volunteer leaders and teams both virtually and in-person vital to executing a successful GOTV in November of 2022.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous campaign experience is not a requirement.
- Passionate about electing Democrats at every level of the ticket in Arizona.
- Able to work in-person on your assigned area through Election Day 2022.
- Highly organized; able to work independently and problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Solutions-oriented, creative, and flexible. Every day as an organizer will look different, and it’s important that organizers have a positive attitude and are ready to be team players and find creative solutions to ensure we meet our program’s goals.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis!
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle required
- Organizers will be paid hourly at $15.36/hour
- Overtime is paid at 1 1/2 times the hourly rate after 40 hours per week.
- Organizers will start with a schedule of 55 hours per week
- Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare Medical, Dental, Vision plan at no premium
- This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement with IBEW
- Location: This is an in-person, full time position in Arizona for the 2022 election cycle
- Organizers will report to a Regional Organizing Director and be assigned to Geographic, Spanish Program, and Out of State program regions.
In effort to build a well-rounded campaign with all voices represented, we encourage folks from any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, HIV antibody status, parental or familiar status, or veteran status to apply.
The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The ADP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.