In 2022, Arizona will be a premier battleground state with highly competitive races to elect Democrats at every level of the ticket. Mission for Arizona, the Arizona Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign, is launching early because the work to re-elect Senator Mark Kelly and win up and down the ballot in 2022 starts now. By starting early, we have an unprecedented opportunity to engage a diverse coalition of college students across Arizona who will play a decisive role in the 2022 election. Mission for Arizona will serve as Democrats’ central hub for organizing, voter protection, and political infrastructure for the cycle. Campus Organizers will be Mission for Arizona’s leaders in engaging students in the electoral process and turning them out to vote for Democrats in 2022.
- Educate students about the 2022 Midterm Election and Senator Mark Kelly’s re-election campaign
- Register students to vote in order to expand the electorate
- Recruit and manage fellows and volunteers to scale voter outreach across the campus community
- Develop partnerships with existing campus organizations and entities to reach broader networks of students
- Organize via relational networks across campus, both in-person and digitally
- Turn out the school’s progressive student body to vote in November 2022
- Establish and grow Mission for Arizona’s brand on campus through in-person and digital tactics
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous campaign experience is not required.
- Able to work in-person on your assigned campus from January through Election Day 2022
- Highly organized; able to work independently and problem solve
- Results and solutions-oriented, yet creative and willing to innovate
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated passion for the Democratic platform and excitement about building the campaign on campus to recruit a broad, diverse coalition of young Democrats
- Willing to work substantial hours on a college campus, including outside of traditional work hours
- Application Deadline: December 10
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle required
- Organizers will be paid hourly at $15.36/hour
- Overtime is paid at 1 1/2 times the hourly rate after 40 hours per week
- Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare Medical, Dental, Vision plan at no premium
- This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement with IBEW
- Location: This is an in-person, full time position on an AZ campus for the 2022 election cycle
- Campus Organizers will report directly to the Campus Regional Organizing Director
In effort to build a well-rounded campaign with all voices represented, we encourage folks from any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, HIV antibody status, parental or familiar status, or veteran status to apply.
The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The ADP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.