Mission For Arizona (the Arizona Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign) is seeking a Data Director, a key member of our campaign’s senior leadership team responsible for managing the Coordinated’s Data team and developing the campaign’s data systems. The Data Director will lead the Data Department and work closely with the Organizing and Voter Protection Departments to develop and improve programing to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. We are looking for someone with organizational and management skills, and attention to detail, who is an effective communicator with experience working in an environment that requires quick, goal oriented work. As our Data Director will directly manage a team of staff, we are looking for thoughtful managers excited about building their team.
- Lead the Data Department, including hiring and managing all coordinated Data staff
- Work collaboratively with the Organizing and Voter Protection departments to ensure a robust approach is taken to planning and problem solving
- Work with campaign leadership to build voter contact universes, effectively target key constituencies, and guide early vote efforts
- Work with your team to produce informative reports for staff from various departments to better understand the campaign’s programs and how they could be improved upon
- Work to develop, maintain, and improve the campaign’s data infrastructure and manage vendor relationships
- Communicate effectively with Coordinated partners and stakeholders to provide an overview and analysis of Coordinated programs
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least two cycles of campaign experience, one of which is in a Data role
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, attention to detail, responsiveness, and passion for the work
- Proficiency with VAN and experience with VAN as an administrator managing user profiles, scripts, creating targets, utilizing and interpreting scores.
- Proficiency with in Google Data Studio, Tableau, or other data visualization platforms
- Proficiency with SQL preferred
- Prior staff management experience is preferred
- Salary: Director-level salaries are $8,000/month
- Location: Can begin remotely, eventual relocation to Phoenix, AZ
- Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical, dental, vision plan at no premium
- Hours: This position’s schedule will vary based on the needs of the campaign and point in the cycle and is likely to require evening and weekend work over the course of the election cycle.
- This role is not union eligible
The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The ADP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.