Arizona High School Fellowship
In 2022, Arizona will be a premier battleground state with highly competitive races to elect Democrats at every level of the ticket. Mission for Arizona, the Arizona Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign, is launching early because the work to re-elect Senator Mark Kelly and win up and down the ballot in 2022 starts now. By starting early, we have an unprecedented opportunity to build a foundation statewide to turn Arizona blue at every level of the ticket in 2022. Mission for Arizona will serve as Democrats’ central hub for organizing, voter protection, and political infrastructure for the cycle. High School Fellows will help re-launch Mission for Arizona in their communities and train our volunteer base for in-person and virtual voter contact.
- Recruit volunteers through community events and direct outreach using a variety of tactics
- Train volunteers for in-person voter contact (door-to-door & high-traffic canvassing) and virtual voter contact (phonebanking & peer-to-peer texting)
- Help lead ballot signature collection for Senator Mark Kelly’s re-election in your community
- Host at least one voter registration event on your high school campus to engage and educate young voters around the electoral process and 2022 election cycle
- Assist the Regional Organizing Director in officially launching the 2022 campaign in your region
Skills & Qualifications:
- Passionate about the Democratic platform and excited to build the campaign in your community and recruit a broad, diverse community of Democrats young and old.
- Comfortable canvassing in public spaces and recruiting and training volunteers.
- Able to commit 10 hours/week during the Fall 2021 Semester.
- Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
- Apply by October 1st
- Dates: October 10 - December 12
- Hours: 10 hours/week
- Pay: $1,200
- Location: Regions across Arizona.
The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The ADP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Paid for and authorized by the Arizona Democratic Party
Not authorized by any Candidate or Candidate’s Committee
2910 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012 | Phone: (602) 298-4200 | www.azdem.org