In 2022, Arizona will be a premier battleground state with highly competitive races to elect Democrats at every level of the ticket. Mission for Arizona, the Arizona Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign, is launching early because the work to re-elect Senator Mark Kelly and win up and down the ballot in 2022 starts now. By starting early, we have an unprecedented opportunity to build a foundation statewide to turn Arizona blue at every level of the ticket in 2022. Mission for Arizona will serve as Democrats’ central hub for organizing, voter protection, and political infrastructure for the cycle. Regional Organizing Directors will be assigned to geographic regions and will play a critical role managing political relationships and coaching a team of staff to elect Democrats in Arizona in 2022.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of Organizers across your region to reach weekly voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals using virtual and in-person tactics.
- Write a regional organizing plan, set weekly goals, and develop systems of accountability and data reports to analyze output and ensure data integrity.
- Take initiative to build trust with and establish recurring communication/coordination with key local political stakeholders, local Democratic parties, and relevant organizations in the region.
- Ensure your team is engaging all constituencies across every corner of your region.
- Constantly seek to motivate, problem solve, share best practices, and support the unique needs of each member of your team through daily check-in/out calls, 1:1 meetings, and team meetings.
- Communicate and contextualize programmatic updates/priorities to your team and share salient programmatic feedback and recommendations.
- Lead in-region trainings and develop in-region resources as needed to support the professional development of your staff and ensure each Organizer is set up for success in their assigned turf.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least one cycle of experience on the Organizing team of a campaign, with specific experience training teams of staff, leaders and/or volunteers.
- A creative organizing vision and eagerness to try new solutions to meet ambitious goals.
- A strong understanding of Google Sheets and VAN and a readiness to use data tools and reports to strategically coach your team to meet their benchmarks and goals.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate priorities and feedback in 1:1 and group settings.
- A commitment to building an inclusive and positive team culture for your staff and volunteers.
- Salary: $4,500/month.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare Medical, Dental, Vision plan at no premium.
- This is a position with the campaign through November of 2022.
- Location: Regions across Arizona.
- Regional Organizing Directors will report to a Deputy Organizing Director.
In effort to build a well-rounded campaign with all voices represented, we encourage folks from any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, HIV antibody status, parental or familiar status, or veteran status to apply.
The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The ADP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.