In 2022, Arizona will be a premier battleground state with highly competitive races to elect Democrats at every level of the ticket. Mission for Arizona, the Arizona Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign, is launching early because the work to re-elect Senator Mark Kelly and win up and down the ballot in 2022 starts now. By starting early, we have an unprecedented opportunity to run a fully bilingual organizing program and engage Spanish-speaking voters across Arizona who will play a decisive role in the 2022 elections. Our organizing program will merge Digital and Coalitions under one department. In this groundbreaking role, the Spanish Program ROD will play an integral role in our bilingual statewide organizing program and will manage a team of staff to run a centralized Spanish-language voter contact operation and training program for in-state and Out-of-State volunteers.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of Organizers to reach weekly voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals. The Spanish Program will serve as the centralized hub for Spanish-language virtual voter contact statewide and Spanish-language volunteer training.
- Write an organizing plan for the Statewide Spanish Program, set weekly goals, and develop systems of accountability and reports to analyze output and ensure data integrity.
- Coordinate with in-state partners and out-of-state organizations to amplify opportunities with our Spanish Program, manage surrogates, and strategically allocate bilingual volunteer capacity across high priority regions in the state.
- Constantly seek to motivate, problem solve, share best practices, and support the unique needs of each member of your team through daily check-in/out calls, 1:1 meetings, and team meetings.
- Develop distinct training resources and recruitment tactics as needed.
- Communicate and contextualize programmatic updates/priorities to your team and share salient programmatic feedback and recommendations.
- Lead in-region trainings and develop in-region resources as needed to support the professional development of your staff.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least one cycle of experience on the Organizing team of a campaign, with specific experience training teams of staff, leaders and/or volunteers.
- Experience leading trainings and coaching diverse teams of staff and/or volunteers in Spanish. Note that the Spanish Program ROD will not be responsible for large-scale translation.
- A deep commitment to language access and understanding of the Latinx electorate.
- A determination to make organizing programs more language accessible and an eagerness to try new solutions to meet ambitious goals and when confronted with unexpected challenges.
- Ability and willingness to work laterally with RODs assigned to geographic regions.
- A strong understanding of Google Sheets and VAN and a readiness to use data tools and reports to strategically coach your team to meet their benchmarks and goals.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate priorities and feedback in 1:1 and group settings.
- A commitment to building an inclusive and positive team culture for your staff and volunteers.
- Salary: $4,500/month.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare Medical, Dental, Vision plan at no premium.
- This is a position with the campaign through November of 2022.
- Location: Arizona
- The Spanish Program Regional Organizing Director will report to a Deputy Organizing Director.
In effort to build a well-rounded campaign with all voices represented, we encourage folks from any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, HIV antibody status, parental or familiar status, or veteran status to apply.
The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The ADP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.