In 2022, Arizona will be a premier battleground state with highly competitive races at every level of the ticket. Mission for Arizona, the Arizona Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign, is launching early because the work to win in 2022 starts now. We have an unprecedented opportunity to engage key constituencies and build a foundation statewide to turn Arizona blue at every level of the ticket in 2022. Mission for Arizona will serve as Democrats’ central hub for organizing, voter protection, and political infrastructure for the 2022 cycle. High-quality training of staff and volunteers will be vital to our success in the 2022 elections.
Key responsibilities / Why this role is important:
By starting early, the Training Director will be empowered to conceptualize and implement a high-impact statewide training program and curriculum for the 2022 Coordinated Campaign for multiple levels of staff, managers, volunteers, leaders, and Democratic groups from the onset.
As Training Director, you will:
- Design a comprehensive internal training curriculum to onboard and support the professional development for a large team composed of multiple waves of staff, including managers. The Training Director will be chiefly responsible for the planning, interdepartmental coordination, and execution of key all-staff training events across the duration of the campaign.
- Develop and lead a large-scale training program to invest in the holistic training of all volunteers and leaders statewide across multiple platforms (virtually and in-person).
- Coordinate directly and manage interdepartmental relationships with leadership on the Voter Protection and Data department teams to develop relevant internal and external-facing training programming and resources.
- Take initiative to adapt programming and messaging to meet the needs of the diverse cultural, geographic, and linguistic constituencies and subgroups across the state. Arizona is one of the most diverse battleground states in the country and requires training materials tailored to ensure our team is having the most effective, culturally competent conversations across distinct regions.
- Experiment with new and different tactics, tools, and media to identify the most effective methods to train staff and volunteers at scale in-person and in virtual environments and to make training opportunities with our campaign as accessible as possible.
- Establish systems to collect feedback and analyze performance to enhance training curricula.
- Identify pockets of opportunity to provide training support to Democratic groups across the state.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A creative programmatic vision and enthusiasm to develop an innovative statewide training program in a critical battleground state.
- Demonstrated experience training diverse teams of staff and volunteers about issue(s) and/or candidate(s) you care deeply about, ideally in linguistically and culturally diverse communities.
- Proven dedication to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion and a determination to make training opportunities with our campaign as inclusive and accessible as possible.
- At least one cycle / year of experience managing paid, full-time staff. The Training Director should be excited about the opportunity to invest in the development of staff managers and will be responsible for developing a management and coaching curriculum.
- Ability and willingness to listen to, earn trust of, and receive feedback from staff at multiple levels across multiple departments and from volunteers and stakeholders.
- An appreciation for design and tangible examples of presentation(s) in which you break down complex information in an actionable and visually appealing format for diverse audiences.
- Salary: $6,000/month.
- Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare Medical, Dental, Vision plan at no premium.
- Location: can begin remote, with eventual relocation to Phoenix, AZ.
- Hours: this position’s schedule will vary based on the needs of the campaign and point in the cycle. This role will require evening / weekend work over the course of the cycle, particularly as we get closer to GOTV.
- This is not a union role.
- The Training Director will report to the Coordinated Campaign Organizing Director.
In effort to build a well-rounded campaign with all voices represented, we encourage folks from any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, HIV antibody status, parental or familiar status, or veteran status to apply.
The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The ADP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.