M3 - Accounting Software and Services for the Hospitality Industry
Who are we?
M3 is a Top 150 Workplaces winner named by the Atlanta Journal Constitution! Employee-owned, family-oriented, and a great place to grow your career. Our company-wide personal commitment to both clients and employees is simple: do the right thing and invest in long-term relationships. Together, we work to provide the highest standard of financial services and technology to deliver on our mission to drive hospitality company success. M3 helps make hospitality companies successful through technology that drives financial performance. Our software is the hotel accounting software used and trusted by the biggest names in the hospitality industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team!
We're located in beautiful, new buildings with Headquarters in Gwinnett County, GA just off I-85 and complete with an employee gym, bright, open work spaces and games in the break room.
Compensation and Benefits:
M3 offers a strong benefits package including 75% employer paid medical, dental and vision for the employee and family; life, long and term disability, and Long Term Care insurance that the company provides free of charge; 401k with a 6% match; three weeks paid time off; discretionary profit sharing; a great culture, competitive salary. We are a certified Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Description Summary: The Database Engineer is chiefly responsible for designing, developing and implementing our data solutions. This includes database architecture, designing and developing test plans, prototyping concepts, automating database tasks, and optimizing database performance. This individual will also design, build, support SQL objects such as packages, tables, procedures, views, and deployment scripts for high-performance transactional reporting and batch applications.
The duties listed below are the essential functions of this position, and they may change as the needs of the company demand. All associates are expected to do what is necessary to get the work done and to cooperate fully with their supervisor’s requests for additional or altered duties.
- Manage multiple enterprise databases across cloud and on-prem environments.
- Design and develop solutions to support multiple data-related functions.
- Assist development teams with database architecture to ensure models are following best practices.
- Work with stakeholders to develop a database migration strategy in-line with company’s long-term storage goals.
- Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
- Maintain standard policies for database development activities.
- Prepare documentation regarding database design, configuration and change management tasks.
- Mentor members of the database administrator team to manage the company databases effectively.
- Develop database functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development and operations.
- Perform space management, archiving, partitioning and compression techniques for performance and manageability.
- Provide training aid to other teams on topics related to data management.
- Develop tools to automate database tasks such as deployments, data corrections, integrity checks, and usage statistics.
- Query optimization, including regular tuning of indexes.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server Problems as they occur (including after-hours and weekends) in relation to our in-house products.
- Use Agile development practices to refine User and Technical stories.
The database engineer will possess in-depth knowledge of our database structures, our business applications, and data flow dependencies between operational systems. This individual is a proficient coder that can work to automate routine database tasks and troubleshoot issues in high pressure business critical production environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in areas such as computer science, engineering or information systems
- 5-7 years of related work experience
- 3+ years MS SQL Server experience
- Exceptional T-SQL skills, specifically with the use of sub-queries, aggregate functions and joins.
- Deep understanding of the principles involved in a relational database (indexing, triggers, execution plans, etc.)
- Working with the Microsoft .NET Framework and Visual Studio
- Working with RESTful applications
- Experience developing and monitoring ETL services
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS is a plus
- Proven background authoring and maintaining ETL jobs from various data sources
- Working with SQL Server data-tier applications (DAC and DACPAC)
- Working with SaaS applications and Continuous Integration + Continuous Deployment model
- Scripting/Programming experience (PowerShell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail is a must as the job will involve lengthy operations against live production data.
- Accounting industry background or a willingness to procure industry knowledge through independent research.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform work on a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to travel in representing the company’s interests required.
- Ability to attend work and meetings with excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work in the office regularly, or pivot to working at home should emergency situations arise.