Description Summary: Under supervision and review by the Accounting Supervisor and/or Senior Accountant, the Bookkeeper performs accounting functions for multiple hotels on a daily basis, resulting in accurate and timely financial data to the management company’s corporate staff.
The duties listed below are the essential functions of this position, and they may change as the needs of the company demand. All associates are expected to do what is necessary to get the work done and to cooperate fully with their supervisor’s requests for additional or altered duties.
- Handles monthly accounting functions for a small number of accounts, typically straightforward and somewhat routine accounting processes.
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Review of daily or monthly daily report journal entries
- Review of accounts payable for coding accuracy
- Compile month end questions for client
- Compile reportable events per client’s schedule
- Post monthly recurring entries
- Expense prepaids monthly
- Analytical review of income statement
- Monthly preparation of financial statements
- Monthly reconciliation of asset & liability accounts
- Preparation & filing of sale, use, & occupancy tax returns
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting required, with experience in General Ledger/month end close required
- Bookkeeping certification, AS Degree in Accounting a plus
- Strong competency for customer service in the professional services industry required.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills in English.
- Experience using Accounting software such as Quick Books, Peachtree Accounting, SAP, Great Plains etc. required, with experience using Accounting Core strongly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and strong proficiency using and creating spreadsheets. (MSWord, Excel)
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Deadline oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Customer service mentality
- Strong written & verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
- Ability to perform work on a computer for extended periods
- Ability to attend work and meetings with excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to bend and lift up to 25 lbs.
- No travel required.
- Ability to work in the office regularly, or pivot to working at home should emergency situations arise.