M3 - Accounting Software and Services for the Hospitality Industry
Based in metro Atlanta, seeking applicants with Hospitality, Remote possible for exceptional candidates
Who are we?
M3 is a Top 150 Workplaces winner named by the Atlanta Journal Constitution! Employee-owned, family-oriented, and a great place to grow your career. Our company-wide personal commitment to both clients and employees is simple: do the right thing and invest in long-term relationships. Together, we work to provide the highest standard of financial services and technology to deliver on our mission to drive hospitality company success. M3 helps make hospitality companies successful through technology that drives financial performance. Our software is the hotel accounting software used and trusted by the biggest names in the hospitality industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team!
We're located in beautiful, new buildings with Headquarters in Gwinnett County, GA just off I-85 and complete with an employee gym, bright, open work spaces and games in the break room.
Compensation and Benefits:
M3 offers a strong benefits package including 75% employer paid medical, dental and vision for the employee and family; life, long and term disability, and Long Term Care insurance that the company provides free of charge; 401k with a 6% match; three weeks paid time off; discretionary profit sharing; a great culture, competitive salary. We are a certified Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Staff Accountant Description Summary: The Staff Accountant performs accounting functions for multiple hotels daily, resulting in accurate & timely financial data to the client’s corporate staff, under the supervision and review of the Accounting Supervisor.
The duties listed below are the essential functions of this position, and they may change as the needs of the company demand. All associates are expected to do what is necessary to get the work done and to cooperate fully with their supervisor’s requests for additional or altered duties.
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Review of daily or monthly daily report journal entry
- Review of payroll journal entries
- Review of accounts payable for coding accuracy
- Compile month end questions for client
- Compile reportable events per client’s schedule
- Post monthly recurring entries
- Expense prepaids monthly
- Analytical review of income statement
- Monthly preparation of financial statements
- Monthly reconciliation of asset & liability accounts
- Preparation & filing of sale, use, & occupancy tax returns
- Other duties as assigned
- One or more years of experience required in a directly related position.
- Bachelors Degree is required with a major in Accounting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hospitality experience strongly preferred.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrate understanding of Accounting Principles and GAAP
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Deadline oriented
- Strong Math skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Customer service mentality
- Strong written & verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work in the office regularly, or pivot to working at home should emergency situations arise.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and lift at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform work on a computer or other office equipment for extended periods.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- Ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Ability to travel in representing the company’s interests, if needed.
- Ability to attend work and meetings with excellent attendance and punctuality.