Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we are looking for
We're seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our growing Product Management team! Knowledge and interest in investing, personal finance, and fintech is a must to understand customer needs and guide decision-making. We're looking for someone who wants to grow as a strategic Product Manager in a fast-paced growing environment.
What You'll Do
- Ensure that we understand customer needs, monitor the competitive environment, and mind business goals in order to focus attention on the most impactful product work.
- Strategize on, build, and prioritize product features with product leadership.
- Create detailed use cases and specifications for feature implementations.
- Facilitate projects and be responsible for setting and achieving measurable goals for initiatives that you will own.
- Define, measure, and report on product KPIs while measuring the effectiveness of your initiatives
- Coordinate across cross-functional teams, like marketing, operations, customer support, engineering, and compliance.
- 1-3 years of experience in product management in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Strong understanding and interest in investing, personal finance, and the fintech space. Prior experience in the industry is a major plus.
- Ability to bring a business and analytical mindset to product management.
- Experience evaluating product decisions and prioritizing product backlogs
- Ability to collaborate with many different teams and coordinate efforts across product lines.
- Fluency in data and how to make data-driven product decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym