Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
We're looking for an IT Support Specialist to collaborate with our engineering team to build processes, procedures, and quality metrics for our technical support function. The right person will be excited by getting their hands dirty with the day-to-day needs of the help desk, support, and technical support functions, as well as enjoy the autonomy and management of building the function from the ground up. As the only person on the IT support team, you'll be heavily involved in shaping our daily practices in terms of quality, customer service, onboarding and offboarding of employees, troubleshooting SLAs, ticketing, and M1’s overall ability to support it’s employees from an IT, hardware, and and technical support perspective. Everybody who joins our team is given space to lead and demonstrate their own expertise, so we would ask that you also embody the same self-motivated and growth-minded entrepreneurial spirit. If you’re the kind of IT specialist who enjoys improving the day-to-day quality of life for your coworkers, problem solving complex issues, and providing timely, friendly hands-on support— then we’d love to talk to you.
What You'll Do
- Develop IT Roadmap and solutions in alignment with our business stakeholders
- Own and optimize existing tools and related processes (Okta, JAMF, Intune, Azure AD)
- Perform Tier 1 Troubleshooting techniques and solve and resolve incidents while jumping in and assisting with higher level problems that may occur
- Coordinate initiatives with DevOps, Security, and Compliance teams
- Streamline onboarding and offboarding processes to ensure protection of data and smooth transitions
- Prepare for new hires by procuring, provisioning, and maintaining machines and access
- Work with internal business units to perform root cause analysis for any high impact incidents
- Respond to requests in a timely manner, whether working with C-level executives or interns
- Assume responsibilities related to maintaining current and future office spaces (Wifi, conferencing, printer, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant field or work experience
- 2 years administering MDM (JAMF preferred)
- Understanding of hardware, software, and networking requirements
- Familiarity Mac and PC machines, as well as an ability to troubleshoot in both environments
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues: printers, scanners, mobile devices, video conferencing tools, and anything else that might arise
- Ability to effectively communicate with all employees via in-person requests, phone calls, emails, slack, and ticketing systems
- Exceptional organization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Structured, organized thinker that is both attentive to detail and mindful of the big picture
- Desire to learn, grow, and take on tough challenges daily
- JAMF 200 Certification
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert (MS 100/101)
- Ubiquity Networking Experience
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym