Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $3 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
M1 is quickly accelerating into its next stage of growth. As an HR Operations Manager, you'll work with the People Operations team to build processes for HR, including benefits, payroll, onboarding, employee engagement, policy building, navigating state laws and compliance, facilitating career growth, and more. People Operations is an important team at M1 and our company OKRs always include ways to make our teammates more successful. You'll own HR processes and help facilitate M1 to its next stage of growth.
What You'll Do
- Monitor HR systems and complete reporting and data analysis for leadership team
- Design and implement HR policies, ensuring compliance with state and local laws
- Lead review processes, including quarterly check ins and career discussions
- Provide guidance for new managers to lead their teams
- Lead benefit analysis and Open Enrollment
- Address employee queries, including questions from new hires
- 3-5 years of experience in HR for a top-tier technology firm or high-growth start-up
- Proven ability to establish trust and credibility with employees
- Ability to understand state and local laws and update policies as needed
- Attention to detail and flawless follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in relevant field
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym