Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $2 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say. “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, analytical, resourceful, and customer-centric acquisition-focused growth marketer to join our Marketing team.
This role will be responsible for working with the acquisition marketing manager to bring in target users into the M1 product. It will involve both day-to-day hands-on and high-level work in strategizing and executing existing and new acquisition channel management, optimization, and growth to reach tangible company goals.
Our ideal candidate is a Swiss-Army-Knife acquisition growth marketer with 3-5 years of agency or equivalent brand-side experience managing one or more channels including, but not limited to: affiliate, influencer, paid social, paid search, direct buy, programmatic, and traditional. The candidate has a successful track record of meeting and exceeding goals while designing & driving high-performance programs in a fast-paced environment, with a strong understanding of the supporting data & systems.
What you'll do
- Drive acquisition marketing growth goals across multiple channels, working closely with the acquisition marketing manager while owning the process from strategy to execution
- Build, manage, and optimize campaigns, ensuring both budget and goal pacing.
- Assist in managing and collaborating with our agency partner on paid social and paid search channel execution and performance
- Develop and execute well-structured A/B testing roadmaps across multiple channels, then eloquently share those test results with the wider team to help inform further strategic decisions
- Outreach, nurture, manage, and evaluate affiliate, influencer, and other business relationships
- Partner with direct buy (website, podcast, newsletter, etc.) providers in developing strategic campaigns and initiatives
- Break silos by collaborating with Product, Engineering, Data Analytics, Operations, Finance, Compliance, and other teams to identify opportunities and build features that will support new user acquisition.
- Being a team-player, helping both the wider Marketing Team and entire M1 Team in accomplishing their respective goals.
- 3-5 years of experience in B2C demand generation working on a high-performing team at an agency or company with aggressive acquisition growth goals across clear metrics
- Proven experience in managing, A/B testing, and scaling one or more acquisition marketing channels while staying on top of the newest trends and advances in the digital marketing industry.
- Equal parts strategic and tactical, with a proven ability to develop strategic marketing plans and rolling up your sleeves to make it happen.
- Analytical and structured thinker who can conceive salient ideas from complex information and clearly communicate those ideas to stakeholders using both data and big-picture concepts.
- Excellent communication, sales, and persuasion skills; experience working with affiliates and/or influencers a big plus.
- Experience with analytics and data tools, with big plus for capabilities to write queries against a data set.
- Goal and results oriented and driven. Does not confuse action with motion.
- Experience and understanding of the full marketing funnel, respective KPIs, incrementality, multi-touch attribution, and treating marketing dollars like an investment portfolio.
- Experience and understanding of finance or the finance industry is a plus. Demonstrated interest in personal finance is a big plus.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while seeing the positive, humor, and fun opportunity in challenges.
- Proactive self-starter who takes extreme ownership in life and at work, not allowing excuses or roadblocks to get in the way of progress and continued self and team improvement.
- Team-player who takes as much pride in seeing their team win as they do in seeing themselves win.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym