Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $2 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say. “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, analytical, resourceful and customer-centric marketer to join our Marketing team. This role will be responsible for creating the strategy to engage with and drive long-term value from several customer segments across the customer lifecycle. They will also manage the tactical execution of this strategy across multiple-channels & cross-functional teams, perform A/B tests and track segment KPI performance – in order to deliver a top-notch personalized experience for our customers.
Our ideal candidate is a Swiss-army-knife acquisition and lifecycle marketer – a data-driven performance marketer, with a successful track record of designing & driving high performance programs in a fast-paced environment, with a strong understanding of the supporting data & systems; equally adept at defining & communicating strategy and at getting their hands dirty to build campaigns.
What You'll Do
- Drive acquisition, retention & LTV through multi-channel marketing campaigns, owning the process from strategy to execution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify key touchpoints and opportunities to identify target segments and develop impactful experiences for our customers
- Build cross-sell, up-sell, retention, engagement & promotional programs
- Partner closely with our paid channel lead & agency to develop growth & remarketing programs
- Manage the end-to-end execution of programs, covering journey maps, project briefs, testing & targeting plans, messaging plans, campaign operations, post-campaign reporting – while ensuring clear and timely communication with stakeholders
- Develop testing roadmap to optimize design, messaging and targeting to drive improve engagement from programs
- Partner with Product, Engineering & Operations to identify and build features that will support retention marketing
- 3-5 years of experience in B2C demand generation, lifecycle, growth, or email marketing in a high-performing team and company or agency with aggressive growth goals
- Proven experience in developing customer journey maps, building customer journeys & A/B testing
- Expertise in using ESPs or similar marketing automation technology; extra points for Salesforce expertise
- Equal parts strategic and tactical, with a proven ability to develop strategic marketing plans and rolling up your sleeves to make it happen
- Analytical and structured thinker who can conceive salient ideas from complex information and clearly communicate those ideas to stakeholders
- Experience with analytics and data tools, with big plus for capabilities to write queries against a data set
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing preferred (Email, Push Notifications, Paid Social, Paid Search, Affiliate/Influencers)
- Experience and understanding of the full marketing funnel, incrementality, multi-touch attribution, and treating marketing dollars like an investment portfolio
- Experience and understanding of finance or the finance industry is a plus. Demonstrated interest in personal finance is a big plus
- Takes as much pride in seeing their team win as they do in seeing themselves win
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to challenge the status quo, while seeing the positive and opportunity in challenges
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym