M1 is a young, rapidly growing Fintech company based in Chicago. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are woefully undershooting what’s possible given new technologies. That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money.
We built a one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform. People can easily create and automate a personalized portfolio. And, it’s free. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to invest in what you want.
We manage hundreds of millions of dollars, are signing up thousands of new customers each week, and have rave reviews from our userbase. But we are not done. We’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
The Client Success Onboarding Specialist will work towards supporting onboarding new accounts on to M1. This will be accomplished by supporting day to day operations, providing service and support to M1’s users and improving the customer facing Support Center. They will also be responsible for aggregating user feedback related to onboarding that provides M1’s product team with actionable information to prioritize and develop features within the application. Overall, we are looking for a compassionate individual that will go above and beyond in improving our user’s experience with the platform.
- Review new account opening applications for completeness of KYC and AML.
- Correspond with prospective new accounts and clearing firm to collect and submit missing documents required to open a new account.
- Compile information and documents required to meet minimum record keeping set by our various regulatory authorities.
- Support leadership in responding to any regulatory requests related to AML.
- Evolve the current KYC and AML processes to improve, streamline and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Development and maintenance of internal trainings and customer facing support articles on new account processes in partnership with the Client Success Team Lead.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance. However, our Client Success team comes from a variety of backgrounds but are successful because of their ability to problem solve and think analytically
- 1-2 years of tangible work experience in operations, customer service, or working at a broker dealer
- Ability to take direct ownership of projects
- Organize with a keen eye and attention for detail
- Strong work ethic and problem solving skills
- Excelling written and oral communication
- Series 7, 66 or 99 preferred