M1 is a young, rapidly growing company determined to reinvent personal finance. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money fall short of what's possible with new technologies, and we're looking to change that. We're building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money through a free and intuitive automated financial platform. We already manage hundreds of millions of dollars and are signing up thousands of new customers each week, but we’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
We’re looking for a Brokerage Operations Associate to work on our Operations team and assist the Brokerage Operations Manager with the day-to-day and high-level strategic goals of the M1 Invest product. This role will focus primarily on the processing, organizing, and responding to customer that are transferring accounts into M1 and taking on projects to enhance the M1 Invest product and internal processes.
The Brokerage Operations Associate will be responsible for the success of M1 Invest. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about personal finance and committed to the mission of changing the future of the industry. There is a lot of potential to grow in this role to take on more responsibilities as the company grows. Self-starters, creative problem solvers, and data-driven individuals will thrive in this role. Diversity is important to us and unique perspectives are welcome.
- Collect, review and process paperwork for account transfers into and out of M1 Invest from other brokerage firms. This includes owning the full process and finding ways to improve, streamline to scale as M1 grows.
- Critical thinking towards problem solving to develop appropriate course of action to "fix" errors & problems.
- Acting as a liaison between the Registered Representatives in the Client Success team and the Brokerage Operations team
- Courteous customer service (via phone and email) and effective communication with registered representatives, clients, clearing firm associates, and new and existing clients.
- Opening and processing of new account documents
- Execute on ad hoc projects that require comfort with numbers to make informed decisions.
- Development and maintenance of internal trainings and customer facing support articles on Brokerage processes in partnership with the Broker Operations Manager.
- 1-3 year of brokerage operations experience
- Series 7, 63/66, a plus
- SQL experience, a plus
- Experience developing processes, meeting deadlines, and paying close attention to detail
- Analytical, metrics and data-driven mindset
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-activity environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with leadership
- Proven project management skills