M1 is a young, rapidly growing company revolutionizing personal finance. The current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are woefully undershooting what’s possible -- so we have created a new generation of investment and banking tools that will entirely reinvent how people interact with their money.
Our signature product is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind, free investing platform. People can easily create and automate their investments, borrow against a flexible portfolio line of credit, and soon, use M1 as their bank -- creating a finance experience that is totally new and incredibly exciting. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to control all aspects of your finances.
We manage more than a billion dollars and are signing up thousands of new customers each week. But we are not done! We have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched, aging industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
M1 seeks a DevOps engineer looking to take the next step in their career: an energetic, enthusiastic, optimistic candidate searching for a smaller organization where they can try on many different hats, create and manage new processes, and grow with us. The individual we seek will be a generalist with knowledge of many different parts of infrastructure and excited to deepen their knowledge of every part of the DevOps stack.
At M1, we value diversity and foster a positive, creative work environment. We seek individuals who want to enable each other’s' best contributions, are willing to take an active yet compassionate role in helping guide the vision of our business and aren't afraid to become an integral component of our company.
- Operate and own production-grade Kubernetes clusters for a variety of workloads
- Implement clean and maintainable infrastructure-as-code that adheres to industry best practices
- Resolve issues with build, test, and deployment pipelines
- Suggest and implement improvements to the build, test, and deployment processes
- Work with fellow DevOps team members on other configuration and trouble-shooting tasks as needed
- Participate in the design and execution of significant platform architecture changes.
- Perform upgrade and administer OS, software development tool and web app server on various build system infrastructure servers.
- Collaborate with peers and external engineering teams in gathering software build and release deployment cycle requirements.
- Adhere to software development standards and practices. And help to drive improvements to our build system scripts, tools and processes.
- Grow alongside an exciting, committed team of engineers who will always help you be your best
- 3+ years creating, executing, and troubleshooting complex, automated processes used to configure servers and/or deploy code
- Experience supporting Linux servers and environments (Debian Preferred).
- 3+ years performing complex scripting tasks BASH, Perl, Python, Ruby, or Shell scripting languages
- 2+ years using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform.
- 1+ years supporting complex, distributed applications
- 1+ years supporting production applications in Kubernetes.
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS preferred)
- Experience with high level programming language such as Go, Python, Java
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment concepts and tools and technologies such as Node, NPM, postgres db, Artifactory, Git, Confluence, NGINX, elasticsearch, openvpn, Consul
- Experience with containerization technology such as docker, docker-compose, docker swarm
- Unlimited PTO & personal days
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options for all employees
- Office in the Chicago Loop conveniently located near public transportation
This is a full-time, on-site position at our Chicago, IL headquarters. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. Sorry, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines