M1 is a young, rapidly growing Fintech company based in Chicago. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are woefully undershooting what’s possible given new technologies. That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money.
We built a one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform. People can easily create and automate a personalized portfolio. And, it’s free. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to invest in what you want.
We manage hundreds of millions of dollars, are signing up thousands of new customers each week, and have rave reviews from our userbase. But we are not done. We’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
The business operation's intern will work towards developing solutions that make M1’s business run more efficiently by supporting day to day operations and providing service and support to M1’s users.
What you’ll do:
- Form a deep understanding of M1’s product and user support needs, and will scope, design, implement and manage user-support solutions that deliver exceptional service to M1’s users.
- Responsible for aggregating user feedback that provides M1’s product team with actionable information that will help develop and prioritize feature development within the application
- Be highly engaged in day-to-day finance operations activities
- Work on a long term project that will be presented company wide at the end of the internship!
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to be hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Coachable with a willingness to learn
- Ability to take direct ownership of their projects
- Organized with a keen eye and attention for detail
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills