We are building the global shared living community.
The people we share our lives with make all the difference. At Lyvly, we share more than just spaces, we share our lives and we call it shared living. We take the hassle out of communal living so our members can focus on giving time to each other and to themselves. We are looking for like-minded individuals who love this as much as we do :)
Lyvly is founded by a team of experienced and passionate entrepreneurs. We're seeking the next generation of people to join us as we hit an exciting next stage in our journey. As one of the first people on team Lyvly, you'll be playing a pivotal role in shaping our future. This means you will be pumped by our mission and motivated by the desire to build something that will bring meaningful impact to people’s lives. It also means you are the sort of person who will run head first into the growing challenges an early stage startup faces and take responsibility for the impact you want to have.
So if you identify with words like bravery, risk, challenge, but while acting with empathy and patience...then read on...
We're at a step change and it's time to get rolling. The first version of our technology has served us well, but we're ready to build something even better, from the ground up.
We’re looking for someone who’s excited by the idea of taking an ambitious project and running with it. You believe that getting real feedback and data is worth more than talking about things, but you'll also be crafting and building elegant and scalable software that makes Lyvly an example of technology done right.
You are a generalist with experience building projects without needing constant oversight. You know what to do when given the trust to design and deliver from concept through to production -- whether it's Web Apps, mobile, 3rd party SaaS or something else. This doesn’t mean that you have the answer to everything, but you know where to find it.
You’ll be collaborating every single day, because teamwork is at the core of our development.
You will shape new ideas, take part in fashioning the product backlog and release roadmaps, and own the end-to-end delivery into production of your components on a rapid, agile basis.
You should be clear-headed, pragmatic, and enjoy fast paced, release-early-release-often environments.
Who you are
Do you want to build something that will bring meaningful impact to our members’ lives? Do you want to be part of something that’s going to be really game-changing?
We're now seeking the next generation of people to join us at we hit an exciting next stage in our growth. As one of the early people on team Lyvly, you will be pumped by our mission, and play a pivotal role in shaping our future.
The Lyvly community is built on the belief that is the people in our lives who make it a life. We apply this philosophy to our working culture and so are considered about who we ask to work with us. Below are the values we look for in our team:
- You can see and stay focused on the opportunity on the horizon.
- You are ambitious. We have big ideas about what we want to achieve over the next 18 months: we’re increasing our membership by 15x and our team by 5x.
- You want to take responsibility for your own path. You are a leader, not a follower. You are the one who builds it. The followers will come.
- BUT you also enjoy collaborating. We’re still young so you’ll need the ability to be agile, flexible and work cross-functionally. You’re not the star of the show. Our community is. We’re teammates, so we're looking for a collaborative style and attitude.
- You can run head first into the growing challenges of an early-stage startup. You identify with words like bravery, risk and challenge, while acting with empathy and patience.
- You are happy to take risks, fail and roll with it. Everything is a learning opportunity. We want stories from your past that demonstrate this.
- You are an expert in at least one modern server-side language: Node.js, Go, Ruby, Scala, or Python
- You know modern full stack development methodologies, including views on microservices / serverless design, and an understanding of databases, SQL or otherwise
- You are your own thinker. You have opinions on languages and frameworks, and are ready to argue for them (and we promise we'll listen and empower you)
Nice to haves
- Experience with cloud computing, ideally with familiarity with multiple offerings, e.g. AWS, Serverless, Heroku, GCP and more
- Recent experience developing on a Linux-based platform and doing the ops work that goes with it
- Equity. Everyone has a stake in the company.
- Regular team socials. We always end the week with a drink or two in our locale.
- Experiences and events. We get together with our community regularly and there are often community events and experiences you can get involved with.
- Unlimited leave. We want you to be refreshed and take ownership and responsibility for your time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.