We are looking for a data scientist who is passionate about building interpretable machine learning models all the way from research to production. You will play an instrumental role in helping our customers understand their market better, give them more precise recommendations for their business, and build out our market intelligence to know where we should focus. With your help, Wheelhouse will continue to grow as the number one pricing platform in the hospitality industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deploy reproducibly testable, production-ready code
- Write novel algorithms from scratch, but know how to use the right tools when they already exist
- Full ownership of projects that have an immediate impact on real-world results
- Effectively present and communicate findings to all types of audiences
- Collaborate closely with other data scientists, engineers, and product teams
- Exposure to the full stack: from DevOps to frontend integrations, using open source and internal tools in a cloud environment
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of Engineering & Data Science experience
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, or another relevant domain (preferred)
- Knowledge in machine learning: building regression, classification, and recommender systems
- Familiarity with large datasets in distributed systems
- Proven track record on taking experimental findings and turning them into code
- Some technologies we use are Spark, R, Ruby, Python, Redshift, and Postgres
- Experience in any of these areas are a plus!
Your first 90 Days…
- Have a full understanding of our data architecture and recommendation engine
- Independently build new features in collaboration with our product team
- Advance & test novel solutions for improving our existing products
- Own building the analytic and reporting features for the next generation of Wheelhouse
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Guideline 401k
- Education stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design & manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software & data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!