Who We Are
At Lyric™ we’re on a mission to design and operate accommodations for the modern business traveler. The way we do that is by designing space and technology which empower a more creative and connected world.
Through key real estate partnerships that include 20 of the NMHC “Top 50” developers, our premium and purposeful Creative Suites™ are reimagining the future of living for the modern business traveler. We’re growing a network of spaces - set within inspired buildings in the most exciting neighborhoods in the country - that combines the productivity of a workspace, the inspiration of an artistic studio, and the amenities of a luxury hotel. Designed, installed and managed entirely in-house, we’ve created a dynamic housing solution built for the future of real estate.
Whether you stay one or 200 nights, our focus is on flexibility, purpose, and community to help you unlock possible.
About the Role
As Lyric continues to expand and diversify our portfolio, it becomes increasingly important to have subject matter experts leading the charge on more complex development deals. The leader will sit on the Real Estate team, driving effective sourcing and project management of construction projects in partnership with Finance, Operations, and our Construction teams. You will enable the team to succeed by creating playbooks that streamline our expansion processes, focusing on operational efficiency. You will excel in this role through leveraging your industry knowledge, analyzing pipeline performance data, capturing/sharing best practices, and effective team leadership. This opportunity is well suited for a leader motivated by developing processes and teams from an early stage, with a “no task is too small” mentality.
- Work directly with landlords, developers and brokers to evaluate development opportunities for Lyric from ground up construction sites to conversion of existing space to Lyric suites.
- Negotiate letters of intent, terms and conditions of leases, term sheets, and lease agreements on a regular basis, often in partnership with internal and external counsel
- Prepare and present Site Evaluation and Site Approval packages to the Real Estate committee for new opportunities inclusive of proformas, demographics, analytics, LOI’s, LOD’s, design criteria, area and market maps, rev forecasts, etc. to determine property feasibility, perform site research, demographics, and mapping
- Partner with the development team members to ensure a seamless hand-off from leasing to design and construction
- Ensure time-based information is secured for transaction including permitting obstacles, zoning compliance, specialty approvals, permitting timelines, tenant and sign criteria, impact fees, Real Estate taxes, etc.
- Develop and maintain key real estate industry relationships including developers, brokers, and potential retail partners
- Partner with Finance to build and maintain the lease database with key lease data and communicate relevant information to appropriate cross-functional teams
- Partner with Finance and third-party analytics partners to create tools, systems and process for market evaluation, pipeline development, forecasting, and general strategy. You will also be responsible for tracking deal cycle performance and reporting out pipeline trends.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure Lyric environments are opened on time, aligned with the brand/design vision, and within the approved proforma
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Urban Planning or other associated field.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate, ideally across multiple domestic US markets
- Experience with transaction management and real estate finance
- Strong capabilities in lease negotiation and alternative deal structures with an ability to interpret both quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Experiencing leading teams, working cross-functionally, and dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excels under pressure; ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel from 40% up to 50%
- Looker (or similar BI tools)
- G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO