At Lyric we believe life should not be put on hold, while on the road. Travel should be an opportunity to feel more inspired, gain a fresh perspective, and connect with your destination. Our creative suites feature flexible spaces, purposeful design, and crafted experiences so that where you stay becomes a place for you to experience more.
As a Director of Engineering, you will manage a multi-disciplinary group of software engineers. We are looking for a motivated engineering leader who can develop high-quality products in a fast-paced, start-up environment. You will lead the team responsible for supporting our hospitality experience and operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a team of world-class software engineers.
- Provide leadership and guidance over end-to-end development including design, implementation, deployment, and support.
- Collaborate with product managers, technical leads, operations leads, and other members of our organization on technical vision and planning for development initiatives.
- Lead engineering processes over the full lifecycle of projects.
- Contribute to and advocate for good engineering practices.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 8+ years of experience architecting and building complex data systems.
- 4+ years of experience leading and managing successful teams.
- Experience with a mix of modern programming languages. Ideally, experience with both interpreted languages (Python, Ruby, etc) and compiled languages (JVM-languages, C-ish, etc).
- Deep experience with the design and use of complex, distributed systems using mechanisms like web service APIs, queuing systems, etc.
- Strong database schema design and query optimization.
- You enjoy agile software development processes.
- Cloud-computing services like AWS, Google App Engine, etc.
First 90 days…
- You will be familiar with existing systems and will have contributed to the vision for our technology and architecture.
- You will be actively contributing to the roadmap process for our product teams.
- You will have hired employees and have contributed to the development of your engineering organization.
- You will have gotten your hands dirty with our systems.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design and manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software and data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!