At Lyric we believe life should not be put on hold, while on the road. Travel should be an opportunity to feel more inspired, gain a fresh perspective, and connect with your destination. Our creative suites feature flexible spaces, purposeful design, and crafted experiences so that where you stay becomes a place for you to experience more.
The Analyst Role leads on a variety of research projects, underwriting of deals, compiling case studies and researching markets nationwide which determine how we launch specific markets and projects. Your role and input is foundational and vital to the team. The data and information you work on and present to the team is used to build and maintain multifamily partner relationships and is often presented to the owners and stakeholders. Internally, the team coordinates at different levels with the data, hospitality, and field operations teams to deliver the “Inventory Acquisitions” product. You will find yourself working cross function most often with the data and product teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Real estate data analysis, underwriting memo’s, and financial projections. You will work with lists of building inventory that are provided by our partners as well as develop your own lists through research of different multifamily partners and cities and using STR (Smith Travel Research), Yardi (or similar) Multifamily Databases.
- Utilizing Scout, our internal software, you will complete analysis of multifamily inventory and buildings in major metro cities throughout the US. You will own the process to generate a final case study output for each project which ultimately results in a, “go/no-go assessment’ based on your researching and findings.
- Provide meaningful feedback to the Team to further refine and improve Scout based on our team’s needs.
- Collaborate with our engineers to incorporating STR hotel data and pricing into Scout.
- Include and develop location factors - demographics, and other pertinent information into Scout.
- Cross-function collaboration with the Data Science Team and Pricing & Revenue Team.
Keys to Success:
- Bring Your Talent! We want you to leverage all the skills we know you have - use your analytical skills and expertise, your knowledge of industry tools and software and experience from how other companies tackle problems. Not everything we do today is perfect or couldn’t be meaningfully improved with more time and attention. Your job is to push us forward and evolve what we do today to make us a healthier company.
- Detail-Orientation and Whole Systems Thinking - Our business is complex - logistically complicated in particular - and with that comes the need to be very detail-focused yet understand the interconnected nature of all of our divisions. Your natural inclination and skill towards detail as well as your ability to create efficient processes are going to serve you well.
- Active Ownership - By owning the responsibilities outlined above, you’ll have a complete and well-rounded view of the business, which will unlock more ways for you to help improve and develop what we do. Bring a builder’s mentality, as we assume that all of the tools and processes we need to win do not yet exist.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design and manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software and data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!