At Lyric we believe that life should not be put on hold just because you are on the road. Travel should be an opportunity to feel more inspired, gain a fresh perspective, and connect with your destination. Our creative suites feature flexible spaces, purposeful design, and crafted experiences so that where you stay becomes a place for you to experience more.
As the Director of Hospitality Operations, you will own all facets of daily operations including guest requests, housekeeping, maintenance, security, and building management. Lyric is launching full buildings (a hotel-like model) for the first time, and you will drive thinking around guest experiences that are powered by technology and people. In preparation for non-linear growth, your team will hire and manage regional staff (employees and partners) and set them up for success with clear goals and KPIs. You will partner closely with Product, Brand, Finance, Launch, Procurement, and Customer Success to provide a seamless guest experience.
What you will be doing:
- Business strategy: At Lyric, we have set out to re-imagine the future of hospitality. You will develop a deep understanding of our guests, partners, vendors, and products and define critical KPIs to help your team drive operational rigor and manage performance.
- Build and develop a team: You will build and lead a team of high-performing, passionate, customer-focused, data-driven operations managers. You will also define clear goals and success metrics, manage our hospitality teams across cities, and develop a plan to deliver an on-brand guest experience as we scale.
- Vendor management: Your team will support non-linear growth by identifying and managing vendor relationships across cities, including housekeepers, maintenance, security, handymen, plumbers etc. Your team will define systems and processes to enhance guest experiences through our partners.
- Work cross-functionally: You will partner with Product and Engineering to build best-in-class tools for our guests and building partners. You will provide guest and building partner insights to Brand, Procurement, Expansion, and Real Estate to refine the Lyric experience. Your team will be the glue, working cross-functionally to drive high-priority customer-focused initiatives across the organization.
- Build for scale: You will enable your team to succeed by creating playbooks that streamline our day-to-day operations. You will focus on efficiency by asking questions, collecting data, and performing analysis to understand opportunities to go-to-market better and faster. You will catalog best practices, set targets, and advocate for change to support our city-based hospitality teams.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience: You have consistently shown the ability to think strategically and then execute on that strategy. You have 10+ years in operations experience and a track record of building and managing high-performing teams.
- Customer focused: You take pride in doing right by customers and it influences every decision you make.
- Systems thinker: You are not satisfied with one-off solutions. You instinctively think about how to design systems that will solve problems and measure success.
- Data-driven decision making: You have leveraged best-in-class tools to support customers while providing the analytics needed to ensure quality and achievement of team goals.
- Scrappy: You are willing to get your hands dirty and look in non-traditional places to create value. No task is above you and you always figure out how to get it done.
- Open communicator: You enjoy working cross-functionally and are comfortable having hard conversations to achieve your mission.
- Leader: People follow you, even if they do not report to you. You can articulate why your goals are important and marshal cross-functional resources to help achieve them. You are a confident communicator and an even better listener.
Your first 90 Days…
- On boarding: You will meet leaders across the organization and gain an in-depth understanding of our products, customers, and tools.
- Full-building strategy: Lyric is launching full-building (hotel-like) experiences for the first time. You will collaborate with teams to drive thinking around technology, staffing, security, housekeeping, guest access, reception desk, luggage storage, consumable replenishment, and maintenance experiences at scale. You will pilot this strategy, gather learnings, and enhance the guest experience. Your team will be responsible for day-to-day operations of these buildings.
- Field-based hospitality staffing model: We have piloted a city manager model to manage risks related to guest experiences in some cities. You will drive strategy for your field-based teams, asking questions such as: Should we hire city GMs or regional teams; what should the goals for these teams be; what aspects of the guest experience should be centralized vs. managed by de-centralized teams; can we use technology improve quality and scale; should our field teams play a guest-facing role? You will build and manage all field-based hospitality operations teams.
- Vendor strategy: Our guests expect quality consistent experiences, and when they experience dirty suites or broken appliances, they are less likely to stay with us again. Similarly, our building partners care about the safety of their residents and security of their buildings. Your team will define a vendor management strategy that enhances customer experiences.
- Replenishment model: When our suites run out of consumables, we have to have replacements available to maintain an on-brand quality guest experience. Our replenishment model today is heavily reliant on our cleaning staff, and many of our current buildings do not have storage solutions that work. You will design and implement an inventory management and replenishment model for all cities.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design and manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software and data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!