At Lyric we believe that life should not be put on hold just because you are on the road. Travel is an opportunity to feel inspired, gain a fresh perspective, and connect with your destination. Our creative suites feature flexible spaces, purposeful design, and crafted experiences so that where you stay becomes a place for you to experience more.
As the Director of Customer Success, you will be a team leader and own Lyric’s customer service and customer success functions. You will also own and manage relationships with our near-sourced partners who help flex resources during periods of high contact volume. Your team will leverage best-in-class tools to support our guest’s needs both proactively and reactively while continuously looking for ways to improve the guest experience. You will be data-driven in your decision making and work cross-functionally to meet your team goals.
What you will be doing:
- Business strategy: At Lyric, we have set out to re-imagine what the future of hospitality will look like. You will drive guest success by understanding who our customers are and what they want and become the voice of the customer across the organization.
- Guest experience: You will build an organization that provides quality service across channels such as phone, text, chat, email, and video. You will define innovative ways to seamlessly communicate with guests while driving initiatives that reduce guest contact.
- Build and develop the team: You will build, coach, and develop the team to meet our high standards for success and ensure that the team and our near-sourced partners are enhancing customer service.
- Data-driven decision making: You will develop a deep understanding of our guests, partners, vendors, and products and define critical KPIs to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance.
- Scalability: You will continually seek opportunities to help us work smarter via new/refined tools and processes, and identify places where measurement matters most. You will enable teams to deliver consistently against goals by creating systems and processes, playbooks, and dashboards to monitor performance.
- Work cross-functionally: You will partner with Product and Engineering to build best-in-class tools for our guests, and with our brand and growth marketing team to feed insights into customer segmentation. Your team will become the voice of our guests and share insights cross-functionally.
We are looking for someone with:
- Proven executor: You have consistently shown the ability to think strategically and then execute on that strategy. You have 10+ years in customer service - building, managing, and scaling an organization to deliver fantastic customer service.
- Systems thinker: You have leveraged best-in-class tools to support customers while providing the analytics needed to ensure quality and achievement of team goals. You’ve partnered with both domestic and international contact centers to amplify the customer experience and scale appropriately.
- Customer focused: You take pride in doing right by our customers and it influences every decision you make.
- Open communicator: You enjoy working cross-functionally and are comfortable having hard conversations to achieve your mission.
- Scrappy: You are willing to get your hands dirty and look in non-traditional places to create value. No task is above you and you always figure out how to get it done.
- Leader: People follow you, even if they do not report to you. You take the time to ensure your team and others understand the “why” when making decisions.
Your first 90 Days…
- Earn trust with leaders across the organization and gain an in-depth understanding of our products and tools.
- Develop and implement the long-term Guest Services strategy including partnering with a tier 1 contact center and off-shore data entry partner.
- Identify and launch scaleable tools to deliver exceptional customer service with an analytical backbone to make data-based decisions.
- Develop Guest Services dashboard that includes team KPIs along with current goals and initiatives.
- Design and build a Guest Success plan to holistically enhance our guest experience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design and manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software and data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!