At Lyric we believe life should not be put on hold, while on the road. Travel should be an opportunity to feel more inspired, gain a fresh perspective, and connect with your destination. Our creative suites feature flexible spaces, purposeful design, and crafted experiences so that where you stay becomes a place for you to experience more.
As an accounting manager, you’ll work hand in hand with the Controller to own the daily accounting operations and continual improvement of the accounting processes. You’ll work closely with a variety of team members to pursue and implement more scalable tools, processes, and systems and educate our team on how to best leverage them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute day-to-day accounting operations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform month-end close activities related to balance sheet accounts such as Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Cash, Prepaids and Accrued Expenses, Payroll, etc.
- Manage fixed asset ledgers by reconciling all fixed assets accounts. Prepare monthly capitalization, disposition, and depreciation entries.
- Process payroll and prepare the associated payroll journal entries.
- Help prepare the Company for a first year audit, including the review of historical transactions and documenting accounting conclusions.
- Gather and prepare supporting documents and schedules for outside tax preparers and help with multi-state sales and occupancy tax returns and filings in Avalara.
- Facilitate filing of various tax and governmental applications, permits and other legal forms.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4 - 6 years of experience in a related field.
- BS Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Experience using Avalara and/or Netsuite a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel including vlookups and pivot tables.
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal.
- Able to work independently and self-motivate with a flexible can-do attitude.
Your first 90 Days…
- Participate in your first company quarterly offsite, getting a chance to further get to know teammates, develop quarterly goals, and have a little fun.
- Along with the Controller, own key finance and accounting operational systems and proactively notify leadership when action is needed.
- Take on key areas of the month-end close, managing processes that span across teams and require working closely with leaders within the company.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design and manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software and data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!