At Lyric we believe life should not be put on hold, while on the road. Travel should be an opportunity to feel more inspired, gain a fresh perspective, and connect with your destination. Our creative suites feature flexible spaces, purposeful design, and crafted experiences so that where you stay becomes a place for you to experience more.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a seasoned technical accounting leader to contribute to a variety of aspects of our financial accounting and reporting. This role will provide support to our Controller and executive leadership team in order to make major strategic decisions that ultimately guide our business and drive bottom line performance.
Our business is growing in complexity, and we are looking for someone who can provide reliable and substantiated guidance on GAAP-compliant industry practices, as well as assist our team in optimizing accounting operations and driving efficiencies within our business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Financial statement audit
- Month-end close process and related reporting
- Working with and analyzing large volumes of data
- Experience with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition, ASC 842 Lease Accounting, and debt and equity accounting.
- Prepare US GAAP financial statements
- Critically and thoroughly analyze non-recurring transactions for correct accounting treatment.
- Maintain accounting policies and evaluate and adopt accounting standard updates.
- Act as a subject matter expert, working with the business partners in accounting and other functions (e.g., legal, corporate development, stock administration) to identify financial risks associated with new or contemplated transactions and resolve complex accounting issues
- Participate in team planning including setting team goals and priorities, monitoring progress and removing roadblocks
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for accounting - we value people who love what they do, and take pride in their work. We want to see that passion in you for understanding the financial mechanics of the business, and delivering value through sound accounting practices and decisions.
- Big picture thinker - You have an ability to understand downstream impacts of accounting decisions, and how to leverage accounting to drive financial performance and KPIs, and a keen ability to go from the 2ft view to the 20,000ft view.
- Comfortable with ambiguity - You have a demonstrated ability to operate in a world of unknowns, where you are the expert and exercise appropriate executive judgement, make sound decisions and advocate for those decisions effectively, and educate others across the company regarding general best practices with respect to accounting and reporting.
- Eager to learn and tackle several large projects - the nature of our business is such that we have a large volume of transactions, both revenues and expenses. We are looking for someone who is willing and able to dive in, understand the details of these transactions, and work with others to develop a methodology to accurately and completely process these transactions in a timely manner.
- Big four experience - Ideally you’ve been at a big four firm for four or more years and you have experience working with Venture Capitalist backed companies.
Your first 90 Days…
- Meet your new teammates, join us for team outings and traditions, and experience our core values and why Lyric is special.
- Dive into our financials, taking stock of current finance and accounting operations and practices.
- Have a sound grasp of the accounting challenges facing the organization, and developed sense of solutions and paths forward.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design and manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software and data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!