At Lyric we believe that life should never be put on hold. Travel is an opportunity to feel inspired, gain a fresh perspective, and connect with your destination. Our creative suites feature flexible spaces, purposeful design, and crafted experiences so that where you stay becomes a place for you to experience more.
Lyric is getting ready to launch a hotel-like model (full buildings) for the first time. As the Director of Business Operations (BizOps), you will lead this launch and use learnings to allow us to scale across other Tier 1 markets. You will hire and train city managers, and set them up for success by identifying clear goals and KPIs. You will enable your team to succeed by creating playbooks and generating metrics that streamline our expansion processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Business Strategy: At Lyric, we have set out to re-imagine what the future of hospitality will look like. You will work cross-functionally to help us expand to new cities in a matter of weeks. You will partner with leaders throughout Lyric to build business cases, develop insights and recommendations, and drive execution of initiatives critical to our growth.
- Scalability: You will enable the team to succeed by creating playbooks that streamline our expansion processes. You will focus on operational efficiency by asking questions, collecting data, and performing analysis to understand opportunities to go to market better AND faster. You will catalog best practices, set targets, and advocate for change.
- Cross-functional leadership: You will be the glue across all functions, working cross-functionally to drive the highest priority growth initiatives across the organization.
- Data-driven decision making: You will develop a deep understanding of our guests, partners, vendors, and products and define critical KPIs to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance.
- Scalability: You will continually seek opportunities to help us work smarter via new/refined tools and processes, and identify places where measurement matters most. You will enable teams to deliver consistently against goals by creating systems and processes, playbooks, and dashboards to monitor performance.
- Business Reviews: You will provide thoughtful analyses of our core business performance and use disparate pieces of info from finance, operations, product, growth, revenue, and design teams to develop a holistic perspective that informs thoughtful decision-making. You will develop dashboards including cadence of reporting, communication channels, and calls to actions.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience: 12+ years, with 5+ years at top-tier consulting firms or high-growth startups. Masters / MBA from a top school is a plus. You must have hired and managed high-performing teams in the past.
- Highly analytical. You feel at home in the numbers and do not need help to analyze them. You must be comfortable in Excel, know basic SQL, and have a command of finance and accounting. You make solid, actionable recommendations and focus on the “so what” behind the numbers.
- Systems thinker. You are not satisfied with one-off solutions. You instinctively think about how to design systems that will solve problems and measure success.
- Leader. People follow you, even if they don’t report to you. You can articulate why your goals are important and marshall cross-functional resources to help achieve them. You are a confident communicator and an even better listener.
- Scrappy. You are willing to get your hands dirty and look in non-traditional places to create value and are not above any task. You find a way to get it done.
- Industry Knowledge. You know/understand the hospitality industry and come in with at least a base-level understanding of our product.
Your first 90 Days…
- Meet the team and establish rapport with key stakeholders.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Guideline 401k
- Education stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design & manage premium short-term rentals, that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software & data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!