The Head of Real Estate will lead Lyric’s real estate outreach and partnership efforts, and together with our CEO and COO will help establish Lyric as a thought leader in the industry. The Head of Real Estate will grow and manage our Real Estate team, lead them to partner with the largest and most important companies in the industry, and will personally own and close the largest and most strategic deals.
The Head of Real Estate will regularly meet with C level and VP level executives at the largest real estate companies in North America and will represent the company at the main industry conferences, often including speaking roles. They will partner with our CEO and COO to develop the company’s real estate strategy, and will own the execution of that strategy.
The Head of Real Estate will be a member of the company’s Leadership Team, and will play a key role in developing overall company strategy and solving the most important challenges we face.
- Build relationships with major multifamily real estate developers, owners, and managers
- Design and build our Real Estate team
- Establish Lyric as a thought leader within the multifamily industry
- Source and close custom development opportunities for Lyric
- Partner with leaders across the company to ensure that real estate is seamlessly integrated with other departments.
- Add meaningful value on the company’s leadership team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Extensive experience in multifamily, focus or experience in hospitality an added bonus. Has significant relationships across multifamily and commercial real estate.
- Strong executive presence.
- Track record of business development, including large strategic partnerships.
- Experience in real estate analysis and fluent with common deal structures.
- Proven leadership ability and experience building and managing high performing teams.
- Excellent communication skills both in person and in writing.
Your first 90 Days…
- Meet your teammates and learn how the organization operates.
- Review our real estate docs and processes and make a first pass at upgrading them.
- Propose 6m and 12m future org charts for the team.
- Reach out to meet many of our largest real estate partners.
- Reach out to many of your existing real estate relationships who we don’t yet work with.
- Have restructured the team and posted initial job descriptions for new roles.
- Have re-defined our business development process, created territories and KPI's for the team, and are managing to them.
- Have met with 15+ large real estate companies, both current partners and prospects, to introduce yourself and learn how we could work better together.
- Have started discussions with 5+ large multifamily developers about doing custom ground-up projects together.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office
Lyric is building the next great hospitality company.
We design & manage premium short-term rentals that combine the spaciousness of an apartment, the amenities of a 4-star hotel, the productivity of your favorite work space, and the creative inspiration of an artistic studio.
Powering everything we do is a proprietary software & data platform designed to inform every aspect of our operations - from location selection to inventory design, revenue management to personalized guest experiences.
The global accommodations industry is worth more than $1T/year, but it hasn’t kept up with the needs of today’s modern traveler. Lyric is changing that.
We set out to re-imagine what this future will look like, and we'd love to have you along as part of that journey!
We are a fast growing team founded by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by a number of the largest and most respected VC’s in the world. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we're hiring top talent across all business units!