What you’ll be doing:
- Business Development: You will drive our Corporate Travel strategy with existing channel partners (e.g. Airbnb, Expedia, Booking.com) who are investing heavily in Corporate Travel. You will work with travelers, businesses, relocation services, travel support teams etc. to refine our offering for each segment.
- Business strategy: At Lyric, we have set out to re-imagine the future of hospitality. You will develop a deep understanding of the needs of corporate travelers and develop our go-to-market strategy.
- Product Development: You will define success metrics, develop our pilot strategy, and drive experimentation for Lyric’s offerings for corporate travelers.
- Metrics-based Decision Making: As the owner of the Corporate Travel P&L, you will design, run, and iterate on highly effective experiments and monitor and manage Lyric’s Corporate Travel business. You will drive decisions on growth and profitability by identifying new revenue streams, increasing ancillary revenues, improving unit economics, and optimizing guest experiences.
- Work cross-functionally: Lyric has invested heavily in developing a brand that resonates with our customers. You will work with product, engineering, finance, operations, and legal teams to build best-in-class tools for corporate travelers. You will partner with Growth Marketing to drive guest loyalty and retention, and measure feasibility, ROI, and strategic value of investments.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience: You’ve consistently shown the ability to think strategically and then execute on that strategy. You have 8+ years of experience, with 4+ years of business development or sales experience in fast-paced environments.
- Customer focus: You take pride in doing right by customers and it influences every decision you make.
- Systems thinker: You are not satisfied with one-off solutions. You instinctively think about how to design systems that will solve problems and measure success.
- Data-driven decision making: You’ve leveraged best-in-class tools to support customers while providing the analytics needed to ensure quality and achievement of team goals.
- Scrappy: You’re willing to get your hands dirty and look in non-traditional places to create value. No task is above you and you always figure out how to get it done.
- Open communicator: You enjoy working cross-functionally and are comfortable having hard conversations to achieve your mission.
- Leader: People follow you, even if they don’t report to you. You can articulate why your goals are important and marshal cross-functional resources to help achieve them. You are a confident communicator and an even better listener.
Your first 90 Days…
- Learn: You will meet internal teams to gain an in-depth understanding of our product, tools and analytical data. You will learn about our core values, mission, vision and company goals.
- Market Research: You will learn about the corporate travel space by interviewing industry experts, reviewing our existing data, and building an understanding of who your customers are, and develop a go-to-market plan.
- Strategy for Tier 1 Markets: Lyric is expanding across Tier 1 markets in 2019. We have an opportunity to experiment, gather learnings, and go after low hanging fruit. You will build addressable target lists, experiment, and prioritize segments based on findings.
- Business Development: You will reach out to Corporate Travel channel partners and build partnerships. You will develop a point of view on our go-to-market pricing strategy and target occupancy metrics as related to corporate travel.
- Product Development: You will evaluate the competitiveness of our product for corporate customers, and work with internal stakeholders to refine our offering and distribution for each segment.
- Manage your P&L: You will use dashboards to monitor targets vs. actuals. You will lead business reviews to share performance and plans. You will familiarize yourself with key metrics relating to corporate travel and have a v1 plan of how to drive performance.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Commuter Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Education Subsidy
- Unlimited PTO
- Pet Friendly Office