Lynx Analytics was founded in 2010 by a group of INSEAD students and professors with a strong research background in graph analytics. Several of our founders since then became professors and faculty directors of analytics centers at leading US universities. Our founding purpose? To apply graph theory to simplify and solve complex, real-world business problems.
Our mission has evolved over the years, and we currently offer a range of cutting edge data analytics and AI solutions to help companies transform their operations and optimise their commercial performance. Back then, graph theory was mostly the purview of social networking sites. We wanted to expand this technology and help companies leverage their communities to unlock greater growth.
Lynx has offices in Singapore, US, Hong Kong, Hungary, and operations in several other countries such as Canada, Germany, Indonesia. We work with some of the world’s largest companies and are constantly looking to expand our knowledge base and geographical footprint. Lynx Analytics’ technology is deployed with various Clients internationally and has significant growth potential.
We have a diverse and inclusive global team comprising Professors, PhDs, MSc’s, and MBAs from Ivy Leagues, INSEAD and NUS with a broad spectrum of experience in start-ups and blue-chip companies (Google, Databricks, ZS, Abbvie, Amgen, Vodafone, Morgan Stanley, Palantir, Katana Graph to name but a few). It is the combination of our industry insight and experience, scalable proprietary technology, and highly qualified people that drives our compelling value proposition.
We are looking for ambitious, innovative, empathetic and relentless team players to explore the career opportunities that we offer as we continue to scale our operations.
A Data Engineer’s responsibility is to implement and deploy data analysis pipelines at various clients of Lynx Analytics. This includes participating in the activities below:
- Understand deeply the business problem that we are trying to solve by our analytical solution
- Through continuous consultations with employees of our client, discover the client's existing data sources that are relevant to the problem we try to solve. This includes discussions with client IT, data owners, future business users, etc.
- Working together with the IT teams of the client, define the technical architecture for the analytical solution that we are to deploy for the client.
- Implement the data ingestion subsystem: this is the system responsible for moving all the necessary data sources to a single location where the actual analysis will happen.
- Implement the data analysis pipelines.
- Integrate the results into business UIs developed by Lynx or pre-existing client software systems
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably at Masters level or above, in Engineering or another relevant discipline with strong academic results
- Strong programming skills
- Experience in GCP, Airflow and Spark
- Solid experience in Python and SQL
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience in Big Data
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Data Science or Analytics
- Industry experience in working for a big enterprise (like our clients)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work on creating innovative, leading-edge data science pipelines using our state of the art, in-house built big graph tool
- Work closely with the developers of the (big graph) tool you will be building upon
- Be a member of a very strong team with mathematicians, ex-Googlers, Ivy League professors, MBA alumni and telecommunications industry experts
- Startup atmosphere