Founded in 2010, Lynx Analytics is a predictive analytics company run by world-class quantitative marketing scientists and industry-experienced data scientists. Our focus is to become a leading analytics solution provider in our chosen fields of expertise (telecom, retail, life sciences, and financial services) while advancing graph analytics technology.
Lynx is headquartered in Singapore with operations in Hong Kong, Germany, USA, Hungary, South Africa, Indonesia, and several other Southeast Asian countries. We work with some of the world’s largest companies and are constantly looking to expand our knowledge base and geographical footprint. Lynx Analytics’ technology is deployed with various Clients across Asia and has significant growth potential.
We have a diverse and inclusive global team comprising Professors, PhDs, MSc’s, and MBAs from Ivy Leagues, INSEAD and NUS with a broad spectrum of experience in start-ups and blue-chip companies (Google, SAP, Vodafone, GE, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, HSBC to name but a few). It is the combination of our industry insight and experience, scalable proprietary technology, and highly qualified people that drives our compelling value proposition.
We are looking for ambitious, innovative, empathetic and relentless team players to explore the career opportunities that we offer as we continue to scale our operations.
You will as a Data Scientist work on and lead complex data analysis projects using standard modelling and data transformation approaches as well as Lynx’s proprietary graph analysis system.
You should be comfortable working with very large data sets residing in different data stores in disparate formats and be strong with hands-on implementation, as well as have the potential to move fast onto a high-growth career trajectory. Leadership experience and charisma is a huge advantage.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering solutions for a defined Data Science related problem at the client’s location
- Present the results / prepare presentations for the project stakeholders (collaborating with the lead data scientist)
- Create reusable documentation, presentations, and code libraries during the projects
- Mentoring Data Science interns
- Leading smaller data science tasks with the help of internal leadership and PMO
- Participating in internal education and research tasks
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 3+ years of overall experience in data mining and/or data science field
- Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree (MSc or Ph.D. is preferred)
- Understanding complex data science solutions
- Solid knowledge of probability theory, statistics, data science algorithms, and their application in
- Customer Retention, Campaign Management, etc. areas
- Good communication (both verbal and written) and data visualization skills
- Coding abilities in at least one of the following languages: Python (preferred), R, SAS, C, JAVA, or similar
- Solid knowledge of DWH querying languages
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel - up to 50% travel across the region will be required