Lynx Analytics was founded in 2010 by a group of INSEAD students and professors with a strong research background in graph analytics. Several of our founders since then became professors and faculty directors of analytics centers at leading US universities. Our founding purpose? To apply graph theory to simplify and solve complex, real-world business problems.
Our mission has evolved over the years, and we currently offer a range of cutting edge data analytics and AI solutions to help companies transform their operations and optimise their commercial performance. Back then, graph theory was mostly the purview of social networking sites. We wanted to expand this technology and help companies leverage their communities to unlock greater growth.
Lynx has offices in Singapore, US, Hong Kong, Hungary, and operations in several other countries such as Canada, Germany, Indonesia. We work with some of the world’s largest companies and are constantly looking to expand our knowledge base and geographical footprint. Lynx Analytics’ technology is deployed with various Clients internationally and has significant growth potential.
We have a diverse and inclusive global team comprising Professors, PhDs, MSc’s, and MBAs from Ivy Leagues, INSEAD and NUS with a broad spectrum of experience in start-ups and blue-chip companies (Google, Databricks, ZS, Abbvie, Amgen, Vodafone, Morgan Stanley, Palantir, Katana Graph to name but a few). It is the combination of our industry insight and experience, scalable proprietary technology, and highly qualified people that drives our compelling value proposition.
We are looking for ambitious, innovative, empathetic and relentless team players to explore the career opportunities that we offer as we continue to scale our operations.
You will report to the Finance Director and be an integral part of the Finance function, which is responsible for maintaining efficient, timely and accurate financial and management reporting.
You will be responsible for a full set of accounts i.e. bookkeeping, accounting and financial support duties which include preparation of accounting entries, bank statement reconciliations, payroll preparation, invoice and expense report checking and executing payments.
You will thrive in this role if you are
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- High functioning within a small Finance team
- Able to interact with colleagues at all levels, including Senior Management
- Enthusiastic, positive and energetic
The successful candidate will gain direct exposure to all the activities of a growing data analytics technology company and interact with colleagues and executives across the world. This role provides a clear opportunity to accumulate a lot of real-world experience in a short amount of time.
- Handle full set of accounts
- Prepare accounting / journal entries for local and foreign entities (e.g.Sub-ledgers Payroll, Bank, AP, AR, GL and mass uploading / interfacing transactions from expense tracking system, travel management system, etc.)
- Keep payroll records, prepare salary calculations and payments on a monthly basis
- Perform cost review and analysis including internal reporting
- Reconcile bank statements
- Keep records of supplier invoices, check and obtain authorisation for supplier payments
- Prepare client invoices based on contracts and manager’s guidance
- File accounting records & supporting documents
- Review employee expense claims to ensure compliance with company policies
- Prepare payments through online banking platforms
- Support the preparation of financial accounts and Annual Tax Returns for entities within the Group
- Support year-end audit and liaison with auditors
- Other ad-hoc accounting, finance and reporting support activities
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related disciplines
- 3 to 5 years accounting experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound analytical skills, advanced Excel user
- Experience with BI-tools is an advantage
- Solid general understanding of accounting software; experience working with Xero preferred
- Inclination towards technology, ability to understand and work with multiple tools and products
- Good interpersonal skills, positive & enthusiastic approach, team player
- Comfortable with being very hands-on, meeting deadlines and operating with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and independent thinking, with good time management skills and an ability to provide structure in an unstructured environment
- Ability to proactively deal with senior management
- Excellent command of English language