At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft needs experienced software engineers from a scope of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride sharing industry. We improve and incorporate technologies that make the lives of our community more enriched.
We are looking for expert software engineers to join Kyiv Assistive and Mapping teams.
Assistive transportation is becoming key in Lyft’s strategy for enabling more affordable and reliable rides. We want to make assistive offerings a first class citizen in the application to condition riders to consider planning ahead with Lyft, instead of considering Lyft as an on demand platform only. For example, for specific use cases such as commuting, airport pickups, and general use cases such as social engagements.
The Mapping team at Lyft is responsible for the platform that powers our routing and navigation. We are looking for backend server engineers with a passion for building highly scalable systems serving millions of users. You'll collaborate globally with software engineering, product, data science, analytics, and operations on programs that empower us to iterate quickly, delighting our passengers and drivers.
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and our needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and promoting appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Unblock, support and communicate with internal partners to achieve results
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience in distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Write clear, scalable and clear design documentation
- Design, build and improve a set of team owned components
- Health insurance, life and personal accident insurance benefits
- Mental health benefits
- 28 days for paid time off in addition to 12 observed holidays and additional recharge days off throughout the year
- Family building benefits
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible