At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a User Experience Researcher to join our Transit, Bikes & Scooters team. The micromobility space is an emerging sector, and this will be a key role that will help define the future of how we impact cities, how we operate, and how we scale our footprint globally. You’ll partner with Design, Product Management, Data Science, Operations, and Engineering to derive deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and to communicate results and actionable recommendations across the company. You’ll think big about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products and services once they’ve rolled out.
You are an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are also comfortable working closely with passionate cross-functional stakeholders who care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together.
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, and communicate mixed methods data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Work with cross-functional partners on product direction based on research findings. Able to follow-up with partners about implementation to understand how findings are being used
- Partner with our data science partners to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate, present, and evangelize results and recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization
- Define your research roadmap by proposing and triaging research requests from XFN partners, aligning with your team on what is highest priority
- Use knowledge of user needs to create empathy for users and build common ground with appropriate stakeholders
- 4+ years of experience conducting research, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience researching the end-to-end user experience
- Interest in partnering with teammates to increase understanding of user research
- Excellent story-telling abilities and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Bonus points
- Operations and/or service design experience
- B2B or B2 Cities research and strategy experience
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Business or a related field
- Fluency in Spanish (verbal and written)
- Experience using research to guide product development from seed-to-scale
- Design thinking methods and brainstorm facilitation
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.