At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s mobile infrastructure teams are responsible for creating and maintaining the foundational systems that engineers rely on in order to build stable, scalable, polished and efficient apps. We relentlessly focus on the developer experience by providing engineers with flexible tooling that allows them to innovate rapidly on our user experience. We are looking for enthusiastic engineers with experience building productivity tools for iOS by creating fast, reliable infrastructure to support a growing iOS team.
- Work within our Mobile Infra teams and create and maintain foundational building blocks of our infrastructure
- Create tools and services to build and test apps quickly and generally make engineers more productive
- Dive into the source of existing tools, fork, contribute to the open source technologies we build on
- Explore, prototype, and implement prospective ideas/technologies for further scaling our infrastructure such diving deep into Bazel remote execution or investigating new platform capabilities
- Unblock and engage with our large mobile development organization
- The work responsibilities of this role are expected to take place during business hours in your local Time Zone in the United States.
- Experience of Bazel based-projects or supporting large iOS or MacOS builds
- Strong knowledge of Swift
- Experience in building command-line tools
- Deep understanding of unit testing
- Experience maintaining a high performance CI pipeline
- Generalist engineer experience (experience building web services and working with various data stores is a plus)
- Track record of pursuing self directed side projects or open source projects
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico
For candidates living in Colorado, the expected base pay range is $154,000-$211,000 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.