At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced candidate to join our evolving Safety Care team as a Director. This individual is responsible for leading, optimizing and scaling a specialized Safety Care organization team focused on keeping our customers safe, happy and comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
About you: You are an experienced, innovative and strategic leader who is passionate about the safety of all Lyft users. You have a demonstrated ability to transform performance and engagement across large operational teams. Using a data-driven approach, you have the ability to continuously influence improvements to the Lyft platform. You have a strong sense of urgency and know how to motivate and organize cross-functional teams behind a unified goal. You have experience and passion around owning end to end customer experiences.
- Leads the strategic vision of Lyft’s Safety Response and Care teams; guides overall strategy and long term roadmap for Safety
- Responsible for delivering end to end customer experience for safety-related customer issues on the Lyft platform and best in class service levels on par with a 911 operation
- Using a data driven approach, develop and communicate stories and updates to influence improvements to Lyft products, processes and policies in order to create a differentiated safety experience and continuously improve the overall safety of the platform
- Act as single point of contact for critical, time-sensitive customer safety incidents of high impact to the company
- Conduct deep dives and gap analysis on organizational pain points, processes, policies, workflows, tools and systems; execute action plan for improvements
- Develop, maintain and report key performance metrics on community safety
- Collaborate across many other departments including Product, Communications, Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance.
- Own the successful rollout and implementation of Trust & Safety initiatives that are equitable and inclusive to all the Lyft community
- Manages a diversity and inclusion organizational plan to ensure fairness and equity in all people processes (e.g., hiring, performance, promo, retention)
- 10+ years of senior trust and safety experience in fast-growth environments
- Data-driven, background in lean / six sigma process management
- Experience building and leading user safety or risk programs in a technology start-up environment
- Demonstrated passion for customers - a true customer advocate
- Experience in crisis management and crisis communications
- Experience inspiring a team that is aligned with extremely cross-functional stakeholders. Skillfully scaling a operations organization into an efficient and effective team; demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring and retaining a large, high-performing team
- Safety Advocate - motivated to inspire others to keep our platform safe by a deep connection to Lyft’s mission and core values
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.